Cube Stereo 2009

It looks absolutely perfect, I hope it rides as well.

With regards to flatties, I use them too, but a decent pair of sticky shoes are worth considering. My friends and I all wear Five Ten's.

some adjustments are due.
first of all the 24t granny ring was killing me. i'm more of a high spinner anyway so i went for a carbon-ti X-Ring 20t titanium chainring. very thight fit on my beloved raceface cranks but it should work.
second issue: front tire. the fat albert rear is totally nice but the fronts side knobs wear way too fast. sent it in because i think its a waranty thing. hope to get it replaced with a muddy marry tubeless.
third issue: chainguide pully. the current pully sucks. its supposed to slide along the mounting screw... which it surely won't do in muddy conditions. will switch just the pully to the dmr dually.
fourth issue: as i use the bike for really steep stuff i went crazy with http://bikegeo.muha.cc/ and calculated a headangle of 67deg for the current setup. not flat enough! thanks to works-components i don't have to sell a kidney to get me a cane-creek angleset. instead i got this:

will plug it in soon which should result in a headangle of 65,5deg.
with my roadbike out of order and the stereo missing a front tire i'm getting IMPATIENT!!! :twisted:

Inigo Montoya":15r1gm2e said:
Neil G":15r1gm2e said:
Now that does look nice, bet it's going to be very quick on the downhills!
yes, that's what i expect it to be. having ridden it twice i haven't adopted to the full suspension thing yet. the flat pedals are an even bigger challenge for me. i guess it takes time...

The biggest thing I noticed when getting into full sus riding is the way you can stay off the brakes so much more and ride smoother lines!

1. 22t granny ring is definitely worth it. my knees love it.
2. the muddy mary was extremly hard to mount but i finally succeded using a bar clamp to lock the tire on the rim. its leakproof without milk, perfect!
3. DMR pully is working perfectly. a good investment.
4. works components headset hard to mount because of the angled bearings. a standard headset tool doesn't work so i had to improvise a bit.

after the first ride i'm really happy with all the changes. rides way better in the steep descents. thinking about wider bars and a different saddle though. fork rebound adjustment needs some attention too...
dsc01701.jpg

right before my lake garda holiday i got myself a new bar-stem combo.
img_5053.jpg

Syntace Vector DH bars 785mm wide with 12deg backsweep and Syntace Superforce stem with 45mm length.
takes a bit getting used to but the wide bars are an absolute livesafer! especially longer tiring descends on rocky terrain become more fun to ride.
exchanged the saddle for a specialized format sl too. one week of riding and i never wasted a thought on it - which is the best thing to say about a saddle.
some impressions:
img_4985.jpg

img_5017.jpg

Back