Black Mountains Ride 15 Oct,ride pictures page 4

Updated ride information :

Right Everyone, after being joined by Funk to Funky, we rode out today to finalise the Ride route for the 15th of October ride. The weather was warm and the ground dry, don't expect this on the day !!!, more like low clag and strength sapping mud :LOL:

There is going to be two meeting points, one for the ride and one for people to follow me in to the national park if you are unsure how to find it.

First meeting point will be at the Skirrid Inn, Llanvihangel Crucorney
Abergavenny, Monmouthshire NP7 8DH.(this is just off the A465 between Abergavenny and Pandy)I will be leaving this point at 10 am sharp, I will be in a Black Freelander)PM if you want my mobile number.This is also the last point of point of having a mobile signal!

The main meeting place is the car park GF, SO 253 285,Blaen-y-cwm at 10:30 am.

To get here,leave the A465, turn left after(or right before,depending which way you come inn) the Skirrid Inn,down Llanthony road,take first right, under railway bridge, then second right signposted Forrest Coalpits.
Follow this road down to the junction (5-ways) follow road round right past phone box still heading to the Forest coalpits.
Stay on this road for 7-8 miles until you come across the carpark in front of you,( you can only drive a further mile or so past when the road ends to the public)

The Route

The terrain will be a mixture of rocky paths, open moorland (exposed to wind and rain) Single track and Fire track.A great all round route around 12 miles long.

Be aware we will be riding up to 713m altitude, combined with wind could see sub zero temperatures.(please bring a warm layer and waterproof layer) as it could get quite hostile up there !!

Any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me,below are some pics today (don't look too hard at the bikes ;) )

Attachments

• IMG_1803.jpg
    IMG_1803.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 740
  • IMG_1805.jpg
    IMG_1805.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 740
  • IMG_1809.jpg
    IMG_1809.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 740
  • IMG_1810.jpg
    IMG_1810.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 740
I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed the reccy today - great scenery, good trails and plenty of diversity (fire track, open mountain etc.)

Would really recommend it and am looking forward to doing it again in a couple of weeks!! :D

ride

am thinking of getting to the skirrid inn for 9,30.going to have a think about my kit and maybe intouch for some advice.the pics of your ride today look great :D

Re: ride

matthew71":1p4yut4e said:
am thinking of getting to the skirrid inn for 9,30.going to have a think about my kit and maybe intouch for some advice.the pics of your ride today look great :D

no problems,just let me know what you need to know :?

I am well looking forward to it ..The pics look tasty!!

Been a frustrating weekend but hammered 23k round the local loop today to let off some steam :twisted:

OK a Week to go,

Who else coming then ?

List so far :

Confirmed :

Theredchili
Funk to funky
Daj

Maybe/unconfirmed :

Spike3
Barneyballbags

Injured & Out :

RupeW
Grannygrinder
Nevadasmith
Matthew71
Russell

not long now

not long now, been thinking i better get some full finger gloves,might be a bit chilly up there

Back