Show us your homemade tools

Yes, it's in dwg format so I will suss out how to post it up here - I am not in it to make money so please feel free to use, print, pass on etc :D

Note that it was done for a Ti headset and I dont have an ally one to compare, as the Ti version is heavier I can only presume they are the same dimensions - might be worth checking ;-)

WD :D

hydorah":3m5gwa5k said:
A jig: weight weenieing an '85 Gibson Les Paul Custom

dscf4282.jpg

It's gonna be OK

dscf4349.jpg

I know a few people who would be interested in this, do you have a blog about it?

:)

Re:

clockworkgazz":2t1hne2i said:
I'm ashamed by my crude effort but does work well

king2.jpg

I used to have a Large Mechanical anchor bolt, stainless and about M20 I think, about 200mm long Couple of delrin washers and some nuts.

I used it the same as this for putting the headset in, but it was also good cos if you inserted it then expanded the wedge you could use it to drift them out squarely too!

Bottom bracket cutter outer, removes the ledge from the cup so you can pull the bb out and get access to cut the cup.
Freehub oiler.
Headset spanners, 36mm and 40mm. In fact I have two 40mm ones I cut out for someone on here, he still hasn't replied to my message saying they are ready to post and they have been on top of the fridge since November! So if you need pair..
Diesel things:
Timing gauge for Bosch pumps.
Compression gauge, for anything with the same injectors as a landy.

Attachments

• compression-gauge.jpg
    compression-gauge.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 1,383
  • bodged01.jpg
    bodged01.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 1,383
  • spanners.jpg
    spanners.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 1,384
  • freehub-thingie.jpg
    freehub-thingie.jpg