Saracen Trekker '88.

I think its all done for now. Been for a little ride and its great, feels odd but familiar at the same time!!

Attachments

• f.jpg
    f.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 889
  • g.jpg
    g.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 889
  • h.jpg
    h.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 889
  • i.jpg
    i.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 889

Attachments

• l.jpg
    l.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 886
  • m.jpg
    m.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 886
  • n.jpg
    n.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 886
  • o.jpg
    o.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 886
Will let you know after tomorrow!

Hopefully get some pictures of it in action but again I will be swapping the tyres and wheels as I dont want these tiogas to get worn/damaged etc. as they look good but are actually quite brittle on the sidewalls and never used before I got them so want to keep them that way.

Well, I tried to change the wheels/tyres on saturday night before the Ashton court meet but I found out that there is very little tyre clearance! I was trying to fit some 1.95 tyres but they rubbed the chainstays! The Tiogas are 1.85 and that is about the limit! So I figuured I should just use it as it is.

I have to say it did really well!! It is noticiably long in the frame and I know its too big but we didn't do any downhill really, just gentle sloping single track which is what it was meant for in the first place.

I felt the bike has a lot of character and I'm really pleased I spent the time on it. I think its future is woodland trails and not anything too serious, but we did the red run at ashton court and it was fine.

Thanks to Tiboltrider for this pic!

bristol_5_213.jpg

Back