Retro Helmets! (I'll show you mine if you show me yours ;) )

majoreyeswater":3pl0udrt said:
For what it's worth here's my Specialized King Cobra born on the 19th January 1999. Still using it after 11 years :cool:

P6170159.jpg

P6170160.jpg

Steve.

Now I know what it's called :LOL:

8bf9f1db.jpg

1f8e84a9.jpg

WD :D

RETRO HELMET

hello,well it doesn't get much more retro than this. This is an original vietnam era american GI's helmet.Bought at a car boot sale for a tenner and yes I do wear it on my bike.......occasionally, with my uber cool ray baans :LOL:
If it was good enough for the grunts it's good enough for me. Saddle up ,lock and load.
Cheers
Drew

helmet002.jpg

helmet003.jpg

Re: RETRO HELMET

retroman":23yzxbnj said:
hello,well it doesn't get much more retro than this. This is an original vietnam era american GI's helmet.

Way cool (well, hot actually)! I'd love to own a WWII German bloodpot, especially with SS decals on the side...

I'm contemplating this helmet issue and think that helmets is the only real cycling area where there's been a style improvement since the 1990's. A lot of early helmets were heavy minging things, wheras now helmets tend to look cool and alluring; especially if they involve Carbon Fibre.

Someone mentioned the adjustable Etto helmets so I thought I'd post a pic of mine. I still wear it for vintage rides, and it's probably the most comfortable helmet I own, including the new ones. Below the Etto are a couple more old helmets that I haven't seen any photos of in this thread. I don't wear these though, the Skid Lid is too small and the Bailen has no vents.

Etto Classic adjustable for size
Etto_sm.jpg

Skid Lid
Skid_Lid_sm.jpg

Bailen BH-1
Bailen_sm.jpg

Not sure why those pic's aren't showing up, maybe because I need 10 posts?
edit: Or not, since this post was my 10th. Am I doing something wrong? I know the photos are stored in a publicly accessible place.

Ah been trying to post them for you the section as the section was wrong and I found them in a different place on your photo page ... but would start not work. sometimes they would preview..

But just noticed what is happening

See they are in your I V M T B section (no spaces)
put it all together
IVMTB (<- honestly that I-V-M-T-B together)

and you get chips not ivmt'b
rude word filter is hitting the link

http://i951.photobucket.com/albums/ad35 ... X/Cycling/IVMTB/Vintage%20Bikes%20and%20Parts/Vintage%20Bike%20Components/IMAG0040.jpg

Back