WTD - Hope Bulb 20mm converter

BertR00t

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hope Bulb QR to 20mm converter needed as soon as possible please. Needs instructions or a very good explanation if fitting as it ain't a job I have done before.

Fitting is very, very easy.
You need 2 5.5mm(I think) allen keys to take out the qr fitting. The 20mm adaptors slide in and are fixed with circlips. All you need to put these in is a flat bladed screwdriver. Careful which side you put them in as 1 is slightly longer than the other. I'm unsure if this goes on the disc/non-disc side though.
I'm sure someone on here knows which side is which.

Just found this on CRC.

If you have Bulb Hubs and fancy going to 20mm then it's the only way to go. £15 is a fair bit of cash for two small bits of alloy and two slivers of steel, but your new 20mm forks are gonna cost plenty anyway. 5/5 for simplicity and effectiveness. Instructions: Use two 5mm allen keys to unscrew the normal qr fittings from your Bulb hub. Fit the longest adapter bit to the braking side of the hub (so the cone sticks out!) and simply secure with the circlip. It will feel a wee bit loose, but don't worry about that - just make sure the circlip fits in the groove of the hub. A flat blade screwriver is enough tools for the circlips. Ditto with the other side - sorted!

Back