You what...joined another forum!

Way2many

Retro Guru
Hi guys...and gals,

think i found yourselves from the 'Single Track Website'...putting together another HT mtb as I sold the old frame to a friend who's now abusing it!!!

Me, early forties and going by the name of Carl. Spent the early half of life living just outside the RFoD which is road and mtb heaven and still is...manage to get back a few times for some malarky in the woods with a few friends as i'm now just up the road in 'Glooooooooosteeeeeeer'...that's for you rugby friends.

First real bike was a R501 Raleigh, in pearl white with mid blue bits on the head tube and seat tube. All fitted with Shimano 105 I think. Rode this one to death and wore nearly everything out doing 250-300 miles a week. Then bought another Raleigh in 531C this time and built it up myself, wish i had some piccies as this one went on several training camps and holiday trips to Spain around the little town of Denia on the south West coast.

Late eighties I spent a small fortune on a custom Brian Rourke in 653/campag kit which i still have and ride on those sunny days...chrome glinting. A few years after i bought a carbon and alloy tubed frame and spec'ed it with a full Mavic groupset which took some time.

Raced, TT'ed and competed in duathlons up to national level but now my riding is just for fun and fitness, oh and the fantastic views around here.

I'll post some piccies and spec. sheet up on both bikes.

P.S. Got some stuff to trade/sell and looking for a few bits too.

you have stuff to sell? watch out you will wind up buying far more than you ever sell! :LOL:

Anyway always nice to have even more people, it all adds to the lovely mix and knowledge base that this website is...so welcome from a fellow noob.

Back