South West - Retro Ride - 17th July - Woodbury C'mon!!!

So, where's it going to be?

• Woodbury Common

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Haldon Forest

• Somewhere else

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
superstu":3qkp4egp said:
tiboltrider":3qkp4egp said:
I know a nice route on Dartmoor from Hound Tor, to Jay's Grave, Hamel Down, Widecombe and back to Jay's Grave followed by an extra bit on the end if anyone wants to do that instead? :D

Is hound tor near Hay Tor? I run the Hay Tor once a year (not fun!)
This sounds like an interesting alternative.

Yep, go past Haytor about a mile and there's a road on the right. There's a large parking area and often a food van called "Hound of the Basket Meals". It's a good route, usually well drained, just a little windy at the RAF monument at the top of the main climb. Could always stop at Widecombe for an icecream of shandy! ;)

I voted Woodbury because I've been to Haldon (and it was excellent)

So yeah Woodbury, Haldon or somewhere? It's all good!

I love being lost!

I'll be there nice and fresh this time!

Haldon is good, but more fun on a modern bike with suss forks, as the best bits are off piste. So I've voted for Woodbury, as it suits retrobikes a bit more IMO.

Yep, go past Haytor about a mile and there's a road on the right. There's a large parking area and often a food van called "Hound of the Basket Meals". It's a good route, usually well drained, just a little windy at the RAF monument at the top of the main climb. Could always stop at Widecombe for an icecream of shandy!

Cool, think the run goes across to Hound Tor then back around. Might give you a shot one weekend to do this even if he meet doesn't fancy it if you like?

I have a horrid feeling I have something on this day - but don't remember what. Would be well up for breaking in at Woodbury though. :) I could (or at least "Should" be able to cycle there from Exmouth first. Knowing me I will be lazy and chuck the bike in the back of the Skoda for the 5 minute drive.....

I will have to look at calendar and see, Its a sunday so thats a good start for me :)

I voted somewhere else, I enjoyed the Minhead ride we did a couple of years ago but Im happy with either Woodbury or Haldon as long as I can make it.

Cheers

GM :cool:

I'd be up for Woodbury if a south midlandser is welcome :D

I did some riding there in the 90's :D

Back