2003 Independent Fabrication Ti Deluxe #361T318

Stripped and ready for cleaning.. I've emailed IF and they recommend Lemon Pledge and a Toothbrush [or similar] as a cleaning method.. Also wanting to replace the Decals for the Blue/White combo in the Catalogue Shot which they suggest I remove using Masking Tape and Sawing action across the Decal..

5825442959_9321a10812_b_d.jpg

Oh, and it's going [gone] M951/2/3 :twisted:

Wheels and NOS Shifters are on Ebay ;)

This shot is for you Gus - King of DropOut Pervs :LOL:

5825445229_cfc92424f5_b_d.jpg

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
cheers for the tip regarding removing the decals, i've got some on a ti that are up for changing...

i'm also watching this one ;)

ti-fat-man":1ghd7moe said:
cheers for the tip regarding removing the decals, i've got some on a ti that are up for changing...

i'm also watching this one ;)

Here's the complete email from Jesse Fox @ IF :cool:
Hi Matt,

Thanks for writing, and congratulations on your purchase!

Our shot-peened titanium frames clean well with Lemon Pledge, and a soft-bristled brush (a toothbrush, or something larger with similar bristles).

A complete decal set costs $25. Removing old decals can be done with a strip of masking tape, and by hitting the old decal with the sticky side as you are making a "sawing" motion across the surface of the decal with the tape, they usually come off. If the decals are older and stuck on there pretty well, you may just have to use acetone to remove them.

Hope this helps, and let me know if you'd like to order a new set!

Thanks,

-Jesse

Picked up some Crossmax from Ebay; I thought they were XLs.. But when they turned up yesterday and gottem outta the box.. :shock: :twisted: :cool: They are Period Correct SLs.. You Bewty..

NOS Skewers still in their sealed bag, unmarked rims, as Straight as an Arra and Bearings Like Butter.. Unreal.. Love it when Ebay delivers more than expected..

Shoe'd them with some NOS Python MRC USTs [I know, they are Scorpions in the Catalogue photo..] and they look Schmikko :cool:

5840457662_3a1a334c15_d.jpg

5839909159_aae5f0e33c_d.jpg
5839908105_8f4676ae2f_d.jpg

suburbanreuben":11ebyv76 said:
Whatever Smikko is, the certainly look it! :cool:

Glad it's not just me - too scared to google it too...

I'm loving this build, not 100% on the tyres but maybe just that they're still a bit too box-fresh ;)

Can't think of many more desirable hardtails :cool:

elPedro666":2zrmyoao said:
suburbanreuben":2zrmyoao said:
Whatever Smikko is, the certainly look it! :cool:

Glad it's not just me - too scared to google it too...

Hahaha a Canandian mate used to say it; just means Tasty Lookin :cool: :LOL:

Back