WTD short drop brakeset f+r

sic_nick

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Looking for a better set of brakes than the ones that came on my Langster (think they're Tektro) but don't need anything too flash as it's my commuter so don't want to alert the magpies. They need to be of the short drop type too, preferably with pads. WHY?

Have another pair universal is make, were on a harry hall bike which was stripped, will post some pics in am, there silver/alloy finish

Have another pair universal is make, were on a harry hall bike which was stripped, will post some pics in am, there silver/alloy finish

Shouldn't be much wrong with Tektro surely, although they're not the flashiest. How about some softer compound pads and a rim degrease?

There's nothing wrong with Tektro just the previous owner left the bike out a lot and they're rusty in parts so just fancied a better set on the bike. I only rode it once so far with these brakes on and apart from the pads being badly aligned and braking in the drops they just don't feel as good as I would like them to, pad compound might help but maybe it's just I've not used rim brakes for a very long time and forgotten how much different they are to discs.

Back