'91 Zaskar FINISHED

Dossa":uvfavzj7 said:
Wow, your attention to detail and desire to get it 'just right' is superb :cool:

If it'll be anything like your other builds, we're in for a treat! Oh, and your Clockwork is one of my favourite bikes on here as well :D

Hey, those are very kind words - thanks

merckx":uvfavzj7 said:
they do patina off though you know..

Yeah but I'm hoping the pros can make it shine like the sun :D

The Yeti bar's not going on but i think the cranks fit perfectly with the overall look of the bike. I'm bothered more about quality, appearance & ride than strict period adherence - and if you don't approve of the cranks then avoid looking at the saddle once it goes on! :cool:

merckx":2qudnnza said:
the yeti bars do have nice sweep, do you know what they are? (degrees)

They're great bars - I've never had a project to use them on :(

They were on my Kona for little while before some titecs came along.

They're a 4 deg sweep

The search continues...

The Ritchey rims turned up today but they're not in good enough condition to use :( £12.50 potentially wasted :cry: ;)

I'll think about re-anodising or just keep looking for some decent ones...

I've ordered a Ringlé replica seat collar from Elite504, an XT front mech from Ringo, a GT Duraluminium 'bar from Major22, some black SRP bolts (rear mech break-away, jockey wheel & water bottle), some SIS cables, a couple of butyl tubes & bar-end plugs & some replacement rubber o-rings for the Ringlé skewers that are on the way.

So other than the rims, I'm all ready to start putting this baby together as soon as my frame comes back :)

Back