Klein Adroit Race

I've just done a quick side-by-side comparison and the Klein is about the same size as my Mongoose Amplifier which Mrs Jango said was too stretched out.....so I guess it's mine :twisted:

WTD XS Klein with funky paintjob for Mrs Jango!!!

tintin40":10j7snb4 said:
anthony":10j7snb4 said:
Or has the *evil* Jango now completely forgotten his initial rationale for buying it? ;)

Still, she can't complain - you did offer it to her!

You could even sell it to her for profit :shock: :D :twisted: :LOL:

No, he'd never get away with that! Just one of the many, many disadvantages of being married Tony!

[Apologies for private joke content Jango, thread hereby returned to you]

I've been messing around with the little Klein tonight and I've done a mockup to see how it looks/fits.....

Attachments

• Klein4rs.jpg
    Klein4rs.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 1,394
Coke Kan Kleins

I would be very careful to examine the rear drop outs, these snap faster than a Kit Kat at Koffee time, the bike looks as though it's had a bit of stick and they are eggshell brittle! I have bust a few and so have a lot of my M8s. Thats how they got the nickname "Coke Can Kleins," coz their about as strong!

That would be a really nice bike if he hadn't trashed the paint so much.

The seller's note "this is a used bike with the usual scratch here and there so please remember this when bidding" doesn't quite amount to being truthful! Any more than "14" alloy frame, rockshox forks" was truthful. He still has 100% positive feedback though - trouble is, if you negative these people, they just negative you back, don't they?

It seems as though the weakness on the 99 frames was the tiny bit of metal around the great big bolt that attaches the drop out - could be worth reinforcing that bit, as there were so many failures there?

colour? well......it's brown indoors, green in sunlight and purple if you look at it sideways...kinda cool!!

Well, it's had a rebuild and here it is....I'll give it a thrash on the weekend and decide it's fate :twisted:

Attachments

• Adroit3rs.jpg
    Adroit3rs.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 1,332
Klein

Needs a re spray badly!! Always thought those 3 tone jobs looked a mucky mess of a dogs dinner, Some of my m8s had cars in those colours, one was a Porsche 911 and it looked like a cheap Nissan! He got it re sprayed red, looked so much better! Would look loads better in a nice bright flat Flambo Green or Yellow or Red! A decent pc would only be about £50/£60 Get it done, you wont regret it!

IMO its certainly differcult to see with pictures even a well taken in-door one. The stays look like they have seen better days. Its not the best tri-colour Klein i've seen. may be in the flesh its better. I'll trust young 'jango' judgment on it :D

that's a single colour flip-flop paint, not like the earlier Klein fade paints.

world-ranger, i think in the meantime everybody knows that you don't like them ;)

cheers, carsten

Back