chain reaction cycles awful customer service

Cool video! I've got a lot of respect for Chain Reaction. I've been using them since around '94, when they had (like most shops) a small ad in MBUK.

They've always been consistent, their technical staff are superb, and I haven't had a single item arrive that wasn't what I ordered.

The delivery times have definetly been slower lately though - but this is also the case across pretty much anything I've ordered online lately using the Royal Snail. Having the next day delivery option with CRC, for not a lot of beans, is a comfort sometimes. Like when a part breaks on a Friday and they've guaranteed a delivery for Saturday morning - so the weekend isn't lost!

One point I'd like to raise with the myth that is '24hr postage'.

Just because you're paying for 24hr postage doesn't always mean the goods will be with you within 24 hours of ordering. With most companies it means that they will dispatch on a 24hr delivery schedule, but this could be any time in the future if they are currently out of stock of the item purchased.

coomber":28e4b1iv said:
They have been good on the few times I have used them but their packaging is ridiculous. I got an A4 sized box about two inches deep for a pack of lizard skin frame protectors. The wasted space must have been 95% of the box size.

Similarly had some tubes arrive in a box inside what was nearly a shoe size box. As they are paying postage it doesnt bother me too much but is surely wasteful and pointless.

They'll have a postage deal with royal mail so box size to them is irrelevant too, I've always found them really helpful and fast but then again i havent had anything go missing yet.

the box size is a pain as it wont fit through the letter box BUT the boxes are excellent for posting other stuff, using as small parts boxes, as a filing system, and a million other uses :)

the pro's out weigh the cons for me.

jamabikes":8unykb35 said:
the box size is a pain as it wont fit through the letter box BUT the boxes are excellent for posting other stuff, using as small parts boxes, as a filing system, and a million other uses :)

the pro's out weigh the cons for me.

+1

Back