Raleigh Record Sprint??

Can anyone confirm that this is a Record Sprint? I'm pretty sure cranks & rear mech aren't standard, no gold rims either. I just wanted some opinions on whether it's worth a restore... Whaddya think?

Attachments

• IMG_0147.JPG
    IMG_0147.JPG
    99 KB · Views: 1,368
  • IMG_0146.JPG
    IMG_0146.JPG
    166.9 KB · Views: 1,368
  • IMG_0145.JPG
    IMG_0145.JPG
    158.5 KB · Views: 1,368
  • IMG_0144.JPG
    IMG_0144.JPG
    199.1 KB · Views: 1,369
Well the frame is a Raleigh but the forks don't go with it, also don't think any of the othe componets look like a Record Sprint, cetainily not what I remember.
Ona general note the stem looks very short for such a large frame, plus the seat position looks like it's been moved to get even closer to the bars.

If you want to own a Record Sprint, don't think I'd start with this.

That confirms my suspicions, heap of junk :) It's meant to be a 'Ribble Cycles' custom build lookalike.
Anyway thanks for your replies.

kula":2fc58shf said:
Well the frame is a Raleigh but the forks don't go with it, also don't think any of the othe componets look like a Record Sprint, cetainily not what I remember.

Me neither. Headset and seat pillar seem to match the Record Sprint spec but the 500EX gruppo doesn't really gel, unless it's had an upgrade.

David

Seat pillar doesn't look right either for this era it was black. Wheels were black rimmed Alesa, Suntour throughout on the 90/91 models for sure.
As mentioned the forks aren't original either.

Back