Gazelle Champion Mondial in Amstel Beer Red

I have both cup and cone and cartridge BB's in use. They both function satisfactory. For the later you need only one tool, but if you want to get the old BB out the donor you already need the tools for the other type. You need 3 tools. The two you are mentioning plus a tool for the drive side cup.

J8B":2ehg9vq6 said:
Thanks for the polishing info. I have seen Brasso in hardware shops here. So the cranks are silver anodised on the outside? Any issues with polishing this off?

Yes, they are anodised. Polishing will not result in issues. From time to time you have to polish them up again, but I would say that is about it. Of course be aware the polishing job will require quite some time, especially because of the ano. Wear something to protect your longs when working with the cloth.

Elev12k":t9f6ggs3 said:
J8B":t9f6ggs3 said:
Thanks for the polishing info. I have seen Brasso in hardware shops here. So the cranks are silver anodised on the outside? Any issues with polishing this off?

Yes, they are anodised. Polishing will not result in issues. From time to time you have to polish them up again, but I would say that is about it. Of course be aware the polishing job will require quite some time, especially because of the ano. Wear something to protect your longs when working with the cloth.

but if you do, it is very rewarding!

great frame by the way, will follow this with interest :LOL:

I think some of the anodising has come off already where a shoe or leather strap has been rubbing the crank arm. Just got to find some of that metal polishing cloth and I'll give it a go :)

P1030811.JPG

J8B":2hjx6q41 said:
I think some of the anodising has come off already where a shoe or leather strap has been rubbing the crank arm. Just got to find some of that metal polishing cloth and I'll give it a go :)

P1030811.JPG

Great :)

I do like this issue of the 600 group btw. Clean no frills design. From this perpective different from the romantic Nuovo Record or this 600 groupset's predecessor the 600 Arabesque. Never got really warm feelings with the later.

As I already mentioned in this thread I do own a A-frame in Amstel colours. Inspired by your frame I let my mind go on building mine. I do have a lovely black Dura-Ace groupset that would be a good match with it I think. My A-frame is a little earlier than your frame.

Elev12k":3kkfaj8p said:
I do like this issue of the 600 group btw. Clean no frills design. From this perpective different from the romantic Nuovo Record or this 600 groupset's predecessor the 600 Arabesque. Never got really warm feelings with the later.
I agree. disraeligears.co.uk described it as clean, elegant ‘engineered’ look, which I think is spot on. With the 'donor' bike parts I have a complete 6207 group including pedals, hubs and freewheel, but will stick with the pantographed campy shifters though :)

Elev12k":3kkfaj8p said:
As I already mentioned in this thread I do own a A-frame in Amstel colours. Inspired by your frame I let my mind go on building mine. I do have a lovely black Dura-Ace groupset that would be a good match with it I think. My A-frame is a little earlier than your frame.
Sounds great. Be interested in seeing some pictures if you build it up.

Progress has been a bit slow lately while waiting for some parts from Wiggle. They have arrived now so I think I have all the bits I need to start putting it all together.

IMG_0056.JPG

IMG_0060.JPG

IMG_0062.JPG

IMG_0063.JPG

Back