2 Projects.

Mr White

Retro Newbie
As mentioned in the 'Hello' thread, my son has just started using one of my old bikes as he's outgrown his 16 incher. It is need of a little TLC and a few new parts. I'd like to do this without the need for him to be rideless so will be looking at fixing up another rolling frame to allow for this.

A few pics.

The first is a GT Vertigo from the mid nineties is think. It's pretty much stock apart from the Alex rims, budget caliper and Apollo seat. I'm looking at replacing the seat with another budget one. It must be padded cos my son has already hurt his barse on the original GT plastic one! Replacing the caliper with a Bulldog, new grips (these rub), some new pedals and a general re sticker and shine.

The second is an unknown frame of a similar mid nineties vintage.It is stamped 4w0266 HT-802. It does have GT forks, stem, pedals and seat with an Xposure CD. The Haro sticker set was applied by my stepson years ago and then left to fester in the shed. It defo needs a few quid spending on it. Any ideas what frame it is? Is it worth the bother?

the bottom one is either a genuine heavytools lengthy or a copy as i have
one the same but the one i have is a copy (£45 new from ebay)

Cheers, mate. I'll probably strip it and give it a good clean when i get a mo. i've just bought another full bike so the 'Courtesy Ride' is sorted.

The GT is all stripped and ready to start.

My boy wants it respraying in Man City blue. I was going to give the existing paint a damn good sanding and smoothing rather than strip it back to bare metal. I want it to be used rather than wrapped up in cotton wool so feel a full monty paint strip would be a waste of time. It would be primed first of course. Would grey primer be best? Manchester City blue is light blue if anybody didn't know.

Back