The Zaskar 'Panda'... Update for 2013

Quick update

Moved house, Panda went into storage. Dug the lady out and updated a few things.

750 XT V brakes to match the groupset

0f83d235.jpg

2092272f.jpg

Replaced the Marzocchi's (20mm too much travel) with some nice fox float 80 RLCs from steelhardtailer (thx)

d28767b7.jpg

Change of bars to some Easton EA50s and the shifters to XT 750 as well. Kept the speed dial 7s. Love them.

cb925ec2.jpg

5cd9df03.jpg

Also changed the stem to a syncros Bullhead

d743f34c.jpg

Oh and the saddle to the bargain of the century Selle Flite Carbon. I won't say. How much it cost....;)

5b75c31d.jpg

merckx":2t4n3aro said:
nice one! looks much more in proportion with the 80mm travel forks. should rice nice too.

looking forward to riding it this weekend.
will report back

trickylad":3f3ra8ld said:
Radoslaw":3f3ra8ld said:
Not bad at all. You've inspired me to make some modern mods with my Zaskar.

thanks

what have you got in mind?
I've got 96 frame so I was thinking of replace old Judy with 80mm SID. Therefore I'm looking forward for your thoughts after ride. Maybe I'll go for disc brakes but still unsure about this as it might look bit ugly.
On the other hand I'm fed up with changing rim brake pads. I've replaced about 10 sets over the winter.
Zaskars seems to be very capable bikes for modern mods and this is a good example.

I've got 96 frame so I was thinking of replace old Judy with 80mm SID. Therefore I'm looking forward for your thoughts after ride. Maybe I'll go for disc brakes but still unsure about this as it might look bit ugly.
On the other hand I'm fed up with changing rim brake pads. I've replaced about 10 sets over the winter.
Zaskars seems to be very capable bikes for modern mods and this is a good example.[/quote]

I nearly plumped for some SIDS. what year are they?
i'm not a fan of one disc brake bikes.
The bits of riding i've done on it i've enjoyed.
quick, purposeful and really nimble

Looking good!

I'm interested in what you think of it with a shorter fork, I like the look of my bombers and they work well but they have to much travel.

Back