Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Another bike site

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Evening all!

Or more correctly, good morning.

Kona owner since 1990, before that a Townsend which would make you weep today as it was so badly equipped.

The Cindercone is now down from the garage attic and being reborn as a single speed to thrash about on the hills of the Peak District.

Great to join the forum.

Cheers, Paul.

Hey Everybody!

First time out on a Retro ride yesterday in the Forest of Dean thanks to an old friend who picked me up on the way through. Awesome :p day: great trails, great company, riding just the way it should be. Joined up online as soon as I got home: for those who were there, I'm Chris with the bright yellow full sus Coyote (and the promise of a mothballed Aluminium Elite for sometime in the future :idea: ). Thanks to everybody for the top company and good humour all day and extra thanks on top to our organisers and trail leaders. 'Til we meet again, ride retro ;) !
CM

My names Mark, just joined the forum.

I race in the Friday Night series around the Midlands

Have a Muddy Fox Courior and a Redline BMX from the eighties.

howdy

Hi all,

long time lurker and collector of old bicycle paraphernalia (or junk as the wife calls it).

Thought i'd sign in after perusing these boards for a while, always ends up stirring horrible thoughts of projects that would be great to build up!!

Cheers,

Rich

Been reading the forums a whiley, though it only polite to join-up and say Hello :)

I'm in Inverness, way oop North ...

I've an old Claude Butler Elite MTB with Maguras and SRAM gears, been trying to suss out if this is original kit or not, with no joy. Also just picked up a Motobecane road bike tonight :)

zimbob":2r7gwte2 said:
Been reading the forums a whiley, though it only polite to join-up and say Hello :)

I'm in Inverness, way oop North ...

I've an old Claude Butler Elite MTB with Maguras and SRAM gears, been trying to suss out if this is original kit or not, with no joy. Also just picked up a Motobecane road bike tonight :)

welcome to retrobike :cool:

get yerself in here with some of the locals > http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewforum.php?f=29

;)

Hi everyone, I'm Dave from Southampton. I think I need help.

I'm new here, I used to ride MTB, then I got a motorbike, then a wife & kids and now I'm fat and lazy...........

I figure I need a good dose of excercise so my first thoughts turned to cycling, mtb and of course as I approach 40, the bikes I owned when I was younger

I found RB by googling to try and find out a bit about my old and beloved lated 90's GT Tequesta, I was drawn into the "Show us your GT" thread and from the point on the "register now" button was impossible to resist!

I had always cycled.... Raleigh Striker, Raleigh Grifter, Peugeot Teens Road Bike, bought a Diamond Back Ascent EX in '88 and hit the New Forest, loved that bike, crashed broke my shoulder and packed up riding for years.

Then in 98 fate intervened and plopped a set of circumstances in my lap that just screamed MTB!

I got my first proper job with Ordnance Survey, travelling all over the rural areas of the UK to quality assure updates to the Maps (eyeballing the landscape and checking it matched what was on the map!)

In '99 they started a cycle to work scheme where you could get a £500 interest free loan on a bike. I bought a GT Tequesta from Solent cycles and took it with me everywhere I went for work. Plus I had access to the Full OS paper map library.....

Mmmmmmmmmmm maps!

Fabulous situation!

The Lakes, all over Wales, Shetland, Highlands, Edinburgh, Northumberland, Cornwall, Shropshire, The Peak District etc etc etc

At the same time my best mate lost his license and had to cycle everywhere, he bought an Aluminium Dawes of some sort and we hammered the byways & trails of Hampshire, Dorset and Sussex for several years, I must have put several thousand miles on that GT. the highlight was September 02 taking a trip to the Nurburgring where we thrashed my Saab on the track and our Bikes on the MTB loop that runs through the mountainous Eifel forests alongside and roughly parallel to the 13 Mile Race Circuit.

That week I met and watched bikers burning rubber on their Fireblades, Gixxers and 998's and I was hooked, passed my test bought a Ducati and the cycling was history, a year later I got married blah, changed job blah blah, had other stuff to do blah, no spare time blah blah the Tequesta was nicked in 06 blah and I haven't cycled since...

Years later I find now that I have to take some action before the middle age spread takes hold, I want to get my old bikes back (well the MTB's) and ride myself fit once again.

Already found and bought an 88 Diamondback Ascent Ex to fix up and ride. I now need to find myself a nice Retro GT, (or two......) in particular, for sentiments sake, a 90's 20" burnt orange Tequesta, not sure what year it was as it was NOS, but anything Retro & Triple Triangle shaped goes and the researching will be fun!

Great site - Thanks! I will post a few pics as and when I am allowed, expect to see me around.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back