My '92 GT Zaskar - 20/09/12 update.

There's something I really like about this bike - great job - looks better with the conti tyres IMO. Also I prefer normal spokes to anything fancy but that just personal taste ;)

You have a m730 U Brake, the later XTII had a brace on it that stiffens things up a touch, (your Zaskar would have had one of these BITD), maybe add one of these on your list too - you will get the same for your m730 as it'll cost you for a new one.

A pair of black Pauls canti levers would look the dogs with your gear levers too. :D

nevadasmith":2bas58gm said:
There's something I really like about this bike - great job - looks better with the conti tyres IMO. Also I prefer normal spokes to anything fancy but that just personal taste ;)

You have a m730 U Brake, the later XTII had a brace on it that stiffens things up a touch, (your Zaskar would have had one of these BITD), maybe add one of these on your list too - you will get the same for your m730 as it'll cost you for a new one.

A pair of black Pauls canti levers would look the dogs with your gear levers too. :D

I'm liking these ideas sir. :)
I've seen the XTII U Brake but didn't know what the difference was. Right I shall look for an XTII U and some Paul Canti Levers (because they look divine!!!) :shock: :cool:
cantilever_black_tn.jpg

keithb":1ivv5d9y said:
nevadasmith":1ivv5d9y said:

I'm liking these ideas sir. :)
I've seen the XTII U Brake but didn't know what the difference was. Right I shall look for an XTII U and some Paul Canti Levers (because they look divine!!!) :shock: :cool:
cantilever_black_tn.jpg

I LOVE Paul's levers. I just got some 3DV for my Dolomite and it made all the difference in the world for braking.

Zaskar

Lovely frame, but lose all the modern garbage please, 'tis blasphemy of the highest order, Chainset in particular, look for a nice set of 8 speed thumbies and some retro tyres, stem is too skinny, needs a Kore, and an original flite to finish!

Re: Zaskar

Wold Ranger":1jzq3w86 said:
Lovely frame, but lose all the modern garbage please, 'tis blasphemy of the highest order, Chainset in particular, look for a nice set of 8 speed thumbies and some retro tyres, stem is too skinny, needs a Kore, and an original flite to finish!

Nah I really like the 'modern garbage' because it works :D :LOL:
The stem is a GT period correct isn't it?

Stem

Stem is indeed nearly period correct er if it were a steel frame that is, but Kore is the correct choice for a Zaskar.
As for modern parts working, they do, but not for very long! They are also heavy and very Ugly in the extreme, modern BB's will only last a tenth of a Shimano Sq taper at best, I'm not trying to rubbish the build, just feel you would get so much more out of it with full on retro!

Latest posts

Back