Bike friendly powdercoater in Essex/Herts/NE London?

Max P

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Anyone help with this please?

Failing that a decent firm that does mail order for a good price.

Need it stripped and finished.

Powder

Max, when I was rebuilding my motorcycle these guys came highly recommended.
http://www.triple-s.co.uk/
I used them for several parts both large and small and indeed the finish was excellent. Maybe a little more expensive than others but probably worth it.
Cheers, Carl
PS You havn't mentioned what needs stripping. For frame work Argos are generally considered the best
http://www.argoscycles.com/

The Powder coater in Wiveliscome Somerset I was talking about on another thread does very good work, my bro is into his BMX and one of his friends had a very expensive BMX frame done there, aparrently the finish was 'better than factory'.

Being Wiveliscome (and therefore a bit like heartbeat but with modern cars) they haven't got a web site, but I would be happy to arrange to receive the frame and return it to you once done if you can't find anyone local. Oh! FYI they media blast the frame first. £45 all in.

If Cambridge isn't too far, got my M2 Stumpy done by a company who were very bike friendly.
Masked up the threads and did an excellent job, including the stripping and a lacquer coat once I had applied the new decals
See before and after pics attached (sorry for the pic quality, very early digi camera)

Attachments

• stumpy.jpg
    stumpy.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 730
  • new stumpy.jpg
    new stumpy.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 730
Cheers chaps. Frame will be 531 painted steel - I need to de-clutter it first (removed braze-ons) then obviously a strip and paint. Looking at either black or maybe a nice olive or perhaps sage green? Will be a a classic fixed - ie all polished Campag etc but still a bike to be 'used'.

Liking that Stumpy, how much Huntso for the powder coat? - I don't want a clear coat on top.

Cheers Stick Legs - appreciate that offer.

Max, it was 80 quid for a strip,powdercoat and clear coat. They had a nice range of colours to choose from. Must say i was impressed with the way the frame was returned bubble wrapped and as previously mentioned masked up nicely.
If you want any more info, just let me know.

Back