Orange P7

Nick C

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Met a guy on a modern Orange P7 yesterday, looked lovely and all blinged up with Hope and other shiny kit, but bloomin 'eck it weighed a ton! :?

The modern P7 is well beefed up compared to the older ones, it's designed to be a much tougher hardtail rather than an all out XC bike

i must admit, i was looking at one a couple of weeks ago and there was just something about it that just wasn't right.

I almost feel dirty saying it but it (and most modern bikes) seemed to lack 'the X factor' that a lot of older bikes seem to have - a combination of character, looks, functionality - something that feels as though it has been thought through rather than a shiny frame with shiny parts bolted to it.

for the same money (about £1800 full bike or £500 frame only according to the website!!!) you could build a NOS laden retro that oozes charm and charisma and would perform just as well.

i'm not too keen on the current orange range, there is just something about them that makes them look a bit too much like a mass produced bike rather than a british firms stand against the big money foreign firms.

The new P7 is no xc whippet at over 6lbs for the frame. They do ride nice but a little harsh with none of the usual spring you would expect.

I have to say the new line up of Orange's are tasty in my opinion.

Latest posts

Back