Team Raleigh Panasonic date please

roy1966mtb

Retro Newbie
Hi found this in my girlfriends Farthers garage unused for the last ten years and not much before that. He got it of someone who worked for Raleigh and was given it as an inccentive for work. Quite good for it's age a few marks on the paint work from being moved around. This has always been dry stored so I think I'll be pushed to find one much better.

The bike is 10 speed

Just been sorting it out have spent about £60 on bits and about 5 hours on cleaning the wheels. !!!

Think the Panasonic Raleigh's were between 84 - 86, my own one is 1985 as it has the Reynolds celebration sticker on it.

Raleigh Team Panasonic

Hi hve found the serial which N111 075

I have posted the after pictures but have yet touchup the paint work. Mind you its superficial since you can't see it from a distance. I like the old frame fit pump which I think is a nice touch that came with it. Haven't seen one of those since the 80's.'

Have put trans x allen key skewers on for town use. New Tifso alu headset, WTB Rocket V seat, BBB Blue tape, New cables inner and outer throughout, New Schwable tyres and tubes and some one sided spd's. And all the work on the wheels polishing etc

Took it for a 20 mile shakedown and the only problem was the dragging freewheel which was a pain. I think 26 yr old grease ! put some GT85 through the freewheel and it runs smooth now. Wish I thought of that before the ride. It would have been quicker and less painfull.

I'm now selling my Merida hardtail since I have too many bikes although the Santa Cruz LT2 Steve Peat factory issue bike is stopping ! I might even be tempted for a new road bike through the bike to work scheme. I have road biked in 20 years and liked the speed after years of MTB'ing.

I will put some pics in soon since iot won'tlet you post url's in forum til 2 posts although pics are in my gallery.

Latest posts

Back