The one and only "HOW MUCH IS MY xyz WORTH" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
sylus":1d4qdakc said:
Hiya coombs

My fault I didn't write it well, I do value your input. I also asked the chaps over at k2 riders who gave the condition a thumbs up so waiting for a few more opinions also to get an average

But thank you chap.. Opinions always welcome

Cool, didnt mean to offend, I just try to help what I can on this thread as so many go unanswered!

orange gringo value please

i know this is past the cut-off but i need a value on a 1999 orange gringo.

15" c-c frame (17"c-t) in vgc
bomber supercomp forks in vgc
sram x9 rear mech and shifter
deore front mech & shifter
tektro auriga (or similar wierd name) hydraulic front disc
avid sd 5 rear V with speed dial 1.9 lever
DMR hubs coupled to mavic rims
race face ride XC crank
koski post, 'dave hinde' stem & bar, ritchey stubby bar ends & panaracer xc pro rubber

i'm struggling to find anything similar for sale to try and price it up, i have built this myself over a period of 4 years, gradually upgrading it and in its current form owes me £570 in parts (which i know i won't get anywhere close to if it were to be sold).

that said, how much would it be worth should i sell it?

95 Kona Kilauea 16"

Owned from new and used little since... 99, I'm looking for a valuation on my favourite ever ride. Hence the reason I haven't been able to part with it in all this time! Realising a (small) Kilauea from this era is much sort after nowadays, I'd like to think I could get a fair price? Maybe an idea would be to post pics on BoTM to gauge some interest?

You'll see from the pics attached the bike itself still has the original paintwork and decals, is in great shape with no dents but does have some discolouring due to its age but little other 'wear and tear'. The wheels are original as are mosts parts bar the crankset, gripshift and saddle. The brake levers and seatpost have also been replaced but I do still have these original components. The original Bony Titec (titanium) handlebar too!

Cheers

Attachments

• Photo-0036.jpg
    Photo-0036.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 1,471
95 Kona Kilauea 16"

Owned from new and used little since... 99, I'm looking for a valuation on my favourite ever ride. Hence the reason I haven't been able to part with it in all this time! Realising a (small) Kilauea from this era is much sort after nowadays, I'd like to think I could get a fair price? Maybe an idea would be to post pics on BoTM to gauge some interest?

You'll see from the pics attached the bike itself still has the original paintwork and decals, is in great shape with no dents but does have some discolouring due to its age but little other 'wear and tear'. The wheels are original as are mosts parts bar the crankset, gripshift and saddle. The brake levers and seatpost have also been replaced but I do still have these original components. The original Bony Titec (titanium) handlebar too!

Cheers

Attachments

• Photo-0036.jpg
    Photo-0036.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 1,466
As you're in West Sussex, you should have taken it to Arundel station at 10.30 last Sunday. I couldn't be there myself, but there were several Kona owners on the Retrobike ride and I'm sure you would have received some good advice. Principally, not to sell it of course!

The 1995 is probably the most popular Kilauea and the white colour scheme is much imitated by people respraying other models, sadly without ever coming even close to the quality of the original pearlescent finish of course.

Having said that, I wouldn't expect it to raise more than £250-300 on eBay, and the size 16 is obviously worth a little less than an 18 or 19. If you really just want to raise money on it, the best advice, as is invariably the case, is to break it down and sell it part by part. e.g., I would expect the ti bar to raise £35 on here. In any case, if you have spare original parts, you should definitely sell them separately, not add them into an auction along with the bike. If you have the original seat post and saddle, they are worth c£20-25 each. I would be interested in the post myself.

This is my slightly bigger one (17), nowhere near as good as yours I expect.

You don't really want to sell it for such a small amount though, do you? It's a part of your youth, something to hang onto, you would surely regret losing it. And now that you've discovered Retrobike, you can get some use out of it by going on RB rides - e.g., http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=142866

main.php

Hi, I'm new to the site and I'm after some price advice.

I have a complete Witcomb rigid mountain bike that I've had from new in 1993. It has 18 gears, a 23" frame, 26" wheels, brand new tyres and inner tubes and Suntour XCD 6000 accushift. If you need any more info or pics, then I go and see what I can get.

Attachments

• DSCF0446 b.JPG
    DSCF0446 b.JPG
    153.2 KB · Views: 1,344
I've also got a girls Witcomb that I'm trying to sell, but have no idea of a price. Also had this from new in 1997. It has a 19" frame, 24" wheels (brand new tyres and inner tubes), 6 gears with a handle changer and shimano SIS gear set.

Attachments

• DSCF0447 b.JPG
    DSCF0447 b.JPG
    171.2 KB · Views: 1,338
classen":1b4bix5m said:
what's this Bontrager Titanium frame going to sell for?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190514761968

It's already going very well, and it's a nice example. I've seen the bikes, complete, sell for not too much more than what it's already at.

$875 should be more than enough to win that frame, anymore than that, and you must really love it. I'll be shocked to see it go over $1000 usd.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back