Lightest bike tyre under £20 now under £30

( shameless plug but also true ) We often get super light tyres, 4-5 ish rides old at the Bristol Bike Jumble for a fiver.

Agency_Scum":3r6xy6ov said:
( shameless plug but also true ) We often get super light tyres, 4-5 ish rides old at the Bristol Bike Jumble for a fiver.

:LOL:

Is nobody questioning why there are so many 'hardly used' pairs of superlight tyres available second hand?

It's 'cos they suck.

Buy some proper rubber!

Russell":32dvl32k said:
Agency_Scum":32dvl32k said:

:LOL:

Is nobody questioning why there are so many 'hardly used' pairs of superlight tyres available second hand?

It's 'cos they suck.

Buy some proper rubber!

tis true only got used a couple of times got 2 punctures and though im going back to black panthers for summer and nobby nics, ralphs and rons for the other 9 months :shock:

and gotta off load them somewhere :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

So when is this bike jumble thing and getting desperate for an all round light tyre must be under 500g so lets up the budget to £30.

Any new ideas?

hmm, unsure seems an ok weight but the tread looks a little low and unagressive maybe :roll: .

I know I'm picky but tyres are an important choice I feel and I will be getting some of thoose kilmax kenda's for dry use very shortly.

Well, thanks to Beagle's tip off, I got two Rocket Ron Evos from On-One for less than £40.
They are the 2.25" allegedly - actually just over 2" 0 with plenty of tread - and weigh about 470g

Rode them today and was very happy with them. Proper tyres - not silly show bike lightweight tyres.

Cheers Beagle!

Sorry Russell but I only partly agree with you. Though I've had plenty of " race tyre " experience where the kevlar bead gave up the ghost after two inner tube repairs ( which were frequent! ) I've been running around on a fabulous pair of Schwalbe Nobby Nics for months with no probs. Ooh, and they cost a fiver the pair at the Jumble!
Bike Jumble's the first Saturday of every month at midday outside Mud Dock, Bristol.

Agency_Scum":3cbevsym said:
Sorry Russell but I only partly agree with you. Though I've had plenty of " race tyre " experience where the kevlar bead gave up the ghost after two inner tube repairs ( which were frequent! ) I've been running around on a fabulous pair of Schwalbe Nobby Nics for months with no probs. Ooh, and they cost a fiver the pair at the Jumble!
Bike Jumble's the first Saturday of every month at midday outside Mud Dock, Bristol.

2.1 Nobby Nics weigh what...500g+ each? The tyres the OP and myself were talking about weight 350g. Thats a good 3/4lb heavier per pair. I wouldn't put Nobby Nics in the same category as the Kendas and personally wouldn't class them as a 'lightweight' or 'race' tyre.

Back