Is this caliper bolted on ok?

IDB1":3t4ohflo said:
Needs a 180 rotor (backing up the +20mm thing :cool: ).. keeping my peepers fixed on ebay for something that ends with just my bid :LOL:

+10 mm as it is difference in radius.

... and as ^^^^^ say, looks correct to me too.

02gf74":1ek0pxc1 said:
IDB1":1ek0pxc1 said:
Needs a 180 rotor (backing up the +20mm thing :cool: ).. keeping my peepers fixed on ebay for something that ends with just my bid :LOL:

+10 mm as it is difference in radius.

... and as ^^^^^ say, looks correct to me too.

The rotor I have is 160mm... the one I need is 180mm... now, I'm new to this rotor malarkey so how you get 10mm from that may require a little explaining

I dont know how they quote / spec these '+' sizes but to answear your question - a 10mm increase in radius will give you a 20mm increase in diameter :D

Radius = from center to edge.
Diameter = from edge to edge across the widest part.

02gf74 is suggesting that they spec the bracket size on the change in radius.

WD :D

Yes. . . of course . . I was only thinking diameter . . . .

It's been a tiring kinda day.... coupla miles with the dogs this morning and the rest of the day messing with bikes in the shed... where I managed to, pretty much, explode a BMX inner tube

WD Pro":3l8ypf0t said:
Was you ear close to it listening for leaks when it went ? Very funny to see ... :LOL:

WD :D

If only.. .. would've done the tinnitus so much good :LOL:

No.. I didn't realise a 6" bit of tube was stuck between rim and tyre and the floor pump took care of the rest :LOL:

Also managed to snap a tyre lever..

Learn a little about axles..

Fit a headset and have a bit left over (not even going there!! :LOL: )

Can't wait for tomorrow
jason2.gif

I rebuilt my bmw 2 litre engine years ago.....just the head....and I had three little bits left over.......now that was frightening.....there should have been four bits.... :LOL: was ok though :LOL:

WD Pro":334wi9po said:
Old headsets should have bits left over when you fit them - the bearing cages ;) :LOL:

This was a brand new headset.. straight outta the box.. and there's still a small part in the box :LOL:

marin man":1q9ao3l1 said:
I rebuilt my bmw 2 litre engine years ago.....just the head....and I had three little bits left over.......now that was frightening.....there should have been four bits.... :LOL: was ok though :LOL:

It's the law for there to be bits left over when working on cars..

Worse when you've been doing brakes :shock: :LOL:

Back