My '92 Cinder Cone commuter

456_rich

Old School Hero
Feedback
View
Mainly built of parts of hear and used every day. I will probably race it at Mountain Mayhem with some Judy's as well :)

I love it, I know its not period or in great condition but functionally its flawless! The Suntour components are sooo sweet, the mounts on the thumbies were pretty bashed up so I polished them up a bit :)

IMGP0581.JPG

IMGP0577.JPG

IMGP0578.JPG

IMGP0580.JPG

IMGP0582.JPG

IMGP0583.JPG

IMGP0579.JPG

you got to love them old konas,
ive not long sold a 88 cindercone and a 98 caldera to make way for my next projects.
still i will never sell my 92 lavadome

Attachments

• lava92.jpg
    lava92.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 3,339
I know what you mean. The geometry is spot on, I hope the 80mm Judy's I have got dont upset the handling too much :)

For most of my riding in South of England its perfect, though I do need to find a 22T granny as the 26T was hitting the chain stay :(

hmm,
i would not mind changing my forks for something better,project 2 forks are ace but always liked the look of pace forks....
getting anything to fit these old frames is a pain sometimes

I see thought it a old one i had as says from exeter on it which is near me and where mine from. :LOL: :LOL:

456_rich":3o99bgnc said:
No mine was from Jamabikes! the red one! Were you the first owner then KH?

I thought it was my old frame, looking good, you done a great job there mate :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

i think guy who i got it from was the original owner,he told me that he had the bike upgraded to xt spec when he brought it new.it still is xt spec now with black araya rims

Back