Spooky Bikes custom FTW steel! UPDATED! PICS! METAL HEAD!

And it shall be named...Metal Head

I think Mickey is going to dub this the new Metal Head. The Metal Head of the future!

Yanked from the Spooky FB page https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=7000760&l=37a0768eaf&id=44188981230

Also currently on http://www.spookybikes.com

5517830008_94f98897b9_o.png

Photo taken at NAHBS by Dirt Rag Mag.

Got a new seat. San Marco Concor remake in blue suede that matches perfectly! Paid way to much, but it's color matched and looks ultra bmx now.

5574733707_5fc0f0d85d.jpg

UiUiUiUi":3hel8ksx said:
so whats the verdict after a year of use? looks amazing considering one of those myself...

The verdict: I have been riding this amazing bike almost every day commuting in NYC. I kept the wide bars even for riding in traffic and have been fine with them. I have been able to gear it so I can just switch the chain and freewheel size and I'm ready for the trail.

The laid back BMX geometry makes it easy to spend my mornings and evenings commuting 10+ miles in any direction. I have been commuting on older 90's mountain bikes and the 29er wheels surely made the pedaling easier. This is my first 29er and riding it on the trail was a revalation. The build and fit of this bike has been the best of any I have ever owned. I have owned a lot of bikes so that shouldn't be taken lightly. The finish is minimal and understated, just simple stickers. I like this minimal approach but others may want to pay more attention to that during the custom process.

I am a huge advocate of Spooky and that's no secret. I have one of their current 2010 Darkside 26" wheeled frames and I am considering a 29er version right now, or maybe 650B. I would highly recommend a custom bike from Spooky. As far as custom goes it was a complete deal. Also 95% of the parts are USA designed and manufactured. Not everyone seems to care about that kind of thing these days. The frame was drawn from 100% American tubes and made by the legendary Frank The Welder. How can you go wrong with a reasonably priced custom bike made in the USA with Paul components everywhere. I love this bike, hands down. Go buy one!

Latest posts

Back