Selle Italia Turbo Decal Removal

thiscocks

Dirt Disciple
Hi,

New to this forum, looks like some good info on here regarding more classic bikes (who needs carbon...).

My question- I have two turbo saddles, one new re-released one and an old SLG from 1991. I want to have a sealth look on the new one by either removing all the 'turbo' logos or painting over it. The reason for this is I always liked L Armstrongs plain Concour and it will also make it harder to tell it's a new Turbo.

Has anyone tried painting a saddle, if so what is best durability wise? The decals seem pretty hard to get off, has anyone got any tips?

Thanks for any help,

Tim.

From what I remember Turbos always had writing on them so covering it up won't make it look more original. I think it would be very difficult to do without looking a mess and drawing attention to the fact you've tried to hide something.

Lance's plain saddle was presumably to satisfy his team sponsors who weren't San Marco.

Mark.

maybe with some sort of solvent (I don't know which one sorry) and lots of elbow grease/rubbing you can rub them off, I would guess painting it would look terrible

I've found that DIY cleaning wipes, used for paintbrushes etc contain a solvent that's pretty good for removing painted-on logos / transfer prints.

I took a printed corratec logo off a selle italia saddle with some methylated spirits on a rag , it did not affect the black "leather" at all

Back