6ft 4"

I'm 6'3" and generally prefer a 23.5" top tube and 20.5" seat tube. I like the feel of smaller bikes, but find it difficult to get the handlebar position right (I never got along with long stems - don't like anything beyond 90mm).

I'm 6'6" and the minimum I seem to be able to get away with is a 21" frame with 23 or more inches of top tube. On-one's inbred frame has a longer than standard top tube which could suit us tall folk quite well. My experience tells me a long top tube is more important than seat tube length as a long seatpost can sort out that issue easily.

Cheers

For what it's worth I'm 6'2" with 34"/35" inside leg and tend to ride bikes the size of a five bar gate!

The two best fits are probably my 21" P7 (no stem spacers as forks don't have any length, 120mm stem with some rise, low rise bars) or my L Yo (couple of 5mm spacers, 130mm stem with rise, flat bars) or 21" Vit T (couple of 5mm spacers, canti hanger, fairly flat 130mm stem, flat bars). as people have noted above, top tube length is the key measurement and I'm happiest with approx. 24cm. I also ride a 60cm roadbike with plenty of post showing.

Oh and I have a fairly high saddle compared to others of a similar height.

I'm not so keen on the arse up nose down (oo-er) position, so tend to have reasonable seat post (most of a 400mm) on a 21" frame, but I prefer a shorter top tube - I can even go with 22", but I do need lots of rise, so use hi-rise stems (40+ deg) and riser bars sometimes, along with long steerers and spacers (up to 40mm). Probably because I have a short back compared to the length of my legs (35").

Beaker":2zd6masa said:
What do you 6ft+ guys....... I don't want to be right over the bars, I like hard tails with a bouncer front. I will look at any combo though.

You should try my Klein - you described the position perfectly above. I'm 6'4" with 36" inside leg and even with saddle im my position the front still sits up a little. Comfy for all day riding! (and it's for sale) !

6'3" = 19'' Kona

Easy to throw around but also not uncomfortable (on back and shoulders) on long rides.

I have a 22'' Commute bike and thats a b*tch to ride long distances due to its long top tube and stem :oops:

19'' or 19.5'' would be my reccomendation with careful consideration on TT length and stem choice.

Mark

:D :D :D

Why?

Why do tall men like mountain bikes? Another thread maybe?

Thanks for all the info, madcow send me some pics, Jango was trying to sell it to me on your behalf!. I am looking for a large bouncer project really.

Jon :cool:

Back