chain guide fitting

not looked tbh
got the frame and sent it to be powdered the day after, get it back tomo
as for which type of BB, not got a clue. Not sorted a crank yet

I love the simplicity of the new external ones, most aftermarket models come with spacers so they will fit either a 68mm or 73mm shell and a spacer to allow for a chain guide or e type front mech
I've used (and destroyed) a race face one (I hear they've improved their quality now though)
I also have a hope on my rocky mountain and a truvativ on my boardman, neither of which have had any problems, the hope has been in 4 bikes now
The tool for them has a good solid grip on the bb too, no slipping like the splined ones can

If your frame is a 68mm shell I'd be tempted to go for a 73mm bb
The chainguide would take up the 2.5mm on the drive side keeping your chainset in the right position without dragging the left hand crank closer to the frame

look at my for sale thread chap, i have both cranks and chainguide for sale

the iscg tabs have 2 standards

old or 05...this basically determines where the holes are in relation to the bb....the 05 standard has the hole placed in a bigger planetry cycle than the old version...meaning that they are placed further from the bb...theres only about 1 cm difference, but they are not intechangable.

if your frame doesnt have the tabs...then you have the easiest option..

you can either run a bb mounted guide (or iscg old or iscg 05..with iscg adapter plate)

hope this helps

Back