ProFlex 1996 856 Rebuild - ON HOLD !!!

Quick tip
When tightening the clamp bolts that mount the rear swingarm to the main triangle, have it on a stand, shock off, and the swingarm should just be able to drop down under it's own weight, going beyond this point risks the snapping mentioned in earlier threads.
I saw a few snapped ones back when I was selling/working on them
I loved my 856 (in the same colour), mine was built up with amp f3 forks, so light! :)

This thread has really upset me :(
I bought an 854 from new and it was cool.
But after a bodged hope bb fit by my LBS the frame had to go back to the states.
I eventually got a new one and rode that bike for a good few 1000's of miles before the maintenance began to outweigh the pleasure.
SPare shocks and bushings were hard to come by (ironic they are easier to get now 15 year later).

However I was never gonna sell her.
Then met my good lady, bought a house and there was not enough room for everything, so she was sold to some kid from lancashire outside meadowhall in a car park.
Oh how I wept :cry:

Now I just wish I had kept it and that you would finish the build of this one :)

By the way were do you send your parts for anodising?
I have a pair of pace rc36 that I want to tart up :)

azrael":v527v68d said:
...met my good lady, bought a house and there was not enough room for everything, so she was sold to some kid from lancashire outside meadowhall in a car park.

Would you like to rephrase that statement? ;)

Why???
Having just re-read this I realise it could be took either way :)
That said I am open to offers, one careful gentlemen owner.
Likes bikes and geeky hobbies.
Make me an offer.
Or do I need to list a price ;)

Back