Cheep Crank puller.

MADB

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
I now need a crank puller, any recommendation for a cheep one.

Its not going to get used that much, so I can not see the point in spending £15 on one when you can get the some sort thing from Ebay for less than a fiver.

Do I need any particular size etc.

Cheers

Brian.

Shamefull I know but i've just used a car ball joint spliter on my wifes bike to remove a very stuck steel crank arm. If you have one or a friend has it might do the job for you

The problem is that there are good cheap tools and bad cheap tools, and it's impossible to tell the difference until you use them.

I had a cheap Cyclo puller that lasted fifteen years of regular use, but a cheap Chinese tool my dad bought was so brittle that the thread began to crack away the first time it was used, and it was completely useless after the second time.

Cheap tools can be a false economy. The advantage of paying a little more from a local shop is that you can inspect the tool before you buy it, and you can return it easily in case of a problem.

The Park Tool one is definitely worth spending £15 on. Makes your life easier when the tool fits perfectly each time and operates smoothly.

I've got a cheaper Icetoolz one as well and it really is a piece of crap in comparison.

one-eyed_jim":3bfewqh9 said:
I had a cheap Cyclo puller that lasted fifteen years of regular use,
i got one of them. Reckon i've had it 25 yrs and still going strong

Jonny69":2zaqgl08 said:
The Park Tool one is definitely worth spending £15 on. Makes your life easier when the tool fits perfectly each time and operates smoothly.

I've got a cheaper Icetoolz one as well and it really is a piece of crap in comparison.

Another vote for the Park extractor from me. Had mine about a decade and still going strong, though admittedly it sees less use than before as 2 of my bikes now have self-extracting bolts fitted.

David

Back