Dunkers big bad build thread

It's moved!

I've just had a quick ride in the streets round the house, feels light and nippy and very agile. Everything the rider wasn't :D

All I need now is to fit the front brake cable and I'm good to go. Hammered over some cobbles and jumped a few kerbs and the rigid forks feel OK and certainly track straighter and more accurately than I would get with 12 year old bounce.

The one worry I had (apart for the gears) was that the bars might be a bit wide so I had a spare set ready to go but they felt good so the pink ones stay on.

Last minute changes :roll: I have fashioned a tool to use with the lighter bottom bracket, so that will get a go. I'm also going to with the shorter but heavier cranks :x and the potentially heavier singlespeed set up at the back. I did get some ti bolts from tintin though and have saved a whopping 4grams. I also ordered some alloy ones for the brakes but they are not here yet! Hoping to still achieve the 17.XXlbs

mines is ready to go , i'm hoping the seatpost shim will come through the door tomorrow so i can fit my use post and flite seat :D :D :D

Im ready to go too :D
Mental note on bringing a spare tube.
*If the rims drilled for presta,don't bring shrader ;)

dyna-ti":14znvtru said:
Im ready to go too :D
Mental note on bringing a spare tube.
*If the rims drilled for presta,don't bring shrader ;)

Yep, I had to change my mind on a different front wheel as I realised it would be 2 spare tubes instead of 1.

Made my scales work properly and the bugger is weighing in at about 22lbs.

So much for my theoretical weight calculations. Suffering badly weightwise due to heavy wheels,tubes and tyres I think.

It rides light though if that makes sense.

22lb is still light for a fully geared bike take 2lbs off for gears and all that
and its 20 ,tyres and tubes can be as much as another 700 grams or near a pound and a half
good start point for a developing weenie tho

Executive decision the bike stays as is. It rides and besides a few niggles its not worth experimenting on the day :) Will continue with a few gram shaving exercises though. I'm wondering if I should eventually 'tune' the LX crank to achieve 450gram, cut off the granny bolts and some reshaping.

Also would you hack a frame? Cut off cables bosses and stuff?

Back