97 klein pulse pro with fake attitude

mickyc

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
bought the frame a while ago from gt-steve for a ss project well its nearly finished so thought i'd share a few pics, gone further than i wanted as its gonna advertise my sprayshop

start
042.jpg

040.jpg

041.jpg

stripped
052.jpg

054.jpg

etch primed

056.jpg

purple/blue flip

059.jpg

stickered and lacquered

006-7.jpg

009-4.jpg

010-3.jpg

011-4.jpg

i'll add a few more of the finished bike soon as its done :cool: (if anyone wants a quote shoot me a p.m)

Well, as the previous owner of the frame, think I should add to this.

Mike, you've done a fantastic job on the frame, the paint is stunning (I'm sure it even looks better in the flesh), and the build just looks so :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: you've done it proud.

I still can't get over how light that frame was, so I can only imagine as an SS that it's a pretty light bike.

Top work indeed, and does thatmean you're offering your painting services to fellow RB'ers??? :cool: :LOL:

GT-Steve":16nw997h said:
I still can't get over how light that frame was, so I can only imagine as an SS that it's a pretty light bike.

I've got a Klein from that era and they are pretty damn light. Even though they were built under Trek they were still built with Klein tubing and the rear triangle is "genuine" Klein with the Klein K logo stamped on the rear dropouts.

Obviously they aren't as special as real Kleins but the fact remains that they were sold as a fairly top end bike and ride and handle incredibly well and climb fantastically. Stiff as hell though, even for an aluminium frame.

GT-Steve":35rv2922 said:
Well, as the previous owner of the frame, think I should add to this.

Mike, you've done a fantastic job on the frame, the paint is stunning (I'm sure it even looks better in the flesh), and the build just looks so :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: you've done it proud.

Top work indeed, and does thatmean you're offering your painting services to fellow RB'ers??? :cool: :LOL:
many thanks for all your coments guys

the frame weighed i think 1260g its got p-bone forks, ti bb, fred salmon bars, chris king h/set, carbon seatpost, xtr 950 hubs, 517 rims,

yes i will be offering my painting service's to fellow RB'ers,

uno-speedo the frame was chemicaly stripped

Thats a lovely finish :cool: how do you think it would stand up to off road use? And do you have a method that differs from normal auto spraying?

Back