Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:21 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:12 pm 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:08 am
Posts: 2658
Location: Kray Territory
Wow, that takes me back...

There used to be a shop called Elsfal cycles where I lived BITD, it old their own branded stuff as well as all the British Eagle/Lotus Sport stuff and some nice Ridgeback models (including an XTR equipped version), I remember that they had the Boss in stock as well as the Pro-Carbon 8)

Speaking of which, the one on Ebay at the moment may have come from that very store, I definitely remember one being there with campag parts and the bullet shifters :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:01 am 
North Wales AEC / OWMTBC 2010 Champion
North Wales AEC / OWMTBC 2010 Champion
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 11, 2008 10:13 pm
Posts: 6066
Location: Chester
I almost regret selling my Lotus fauxjumper now, didn't realise they were as early as '92. The frame set was so light, probably half what my Parkpre weighs!

I rebuilt a British Eagle Shadow 531 frame, for our Dad a couple of years ago http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=47945

Image
Image


Last edited by Easy_Rider on Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:55 am 
Moderator /Lincs, E & S Yorks Deputy AEC
Moderator /Lincs, E & S Yorks Deputy AEC
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:16 pm
Posts: 4144
Location: RetroModding™ since 1988
mynchiboy wrote:
Wow, that takes me back...

There used to be a shop called Elsfal cycles where I lived BITD, it old their own branded stuff as well as all the British Eagle/Lotus Sport stuff and some nice Ridgeback models (including an XTR equipped version), I remember that they had the Boss in stock as well as the Pro-Carbon 8)

Speaking of which, the one on Ebay at the moment may have come from that very store, I definitely remember one being there with campag parts and the bullet shifters :)
Ah, so you know Grimsby then, I had a few bikes from Elsfal as a kid, I think the old bloke who owned it sold it to some of his mechanics & they moved to a different location

The Pro Carbon in question came into our shop (JC Cook) a while ago as a trade in, not sure the fella was the original owner, bit I think most of the parts are original.

I will be getting better pics of it when I remember to take my camera into work :oops:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:08 am 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:08 am
Posts: 2658
Location: Kray Territory
Andy B wrote:
mynchiboy wrote:
Wow, that takes me back...

There used to be a shop called Elsfal cycles where I lived BITD, it old their own branded stuff as well as all the British Eagle/Lotus Sport stuff and some nice Ridgeback models (including an XTR equipped version), I remember that they had the Boss in stock as well as the Pro-Carbon 8)

Speaking of which, the one on Ebay at the moment may have come from that very store, I definitely remember one being there with campag parts and the bullet shifters :)
Ah, so you know Grimsby then, I had a few bikes from Elsfal as a kid, I think the old bloke who owned it sold it to some of his mechanics & they moved to a different location

The Pro Carbon in question came into our shop (JC Cook) a while ago as a trade in, not sure the fella was the original owner, bit I think most of the parts are original.

I will be getting better pics of it when I remember to take my camera into work :oops:


Indeed I do, lived there for a while as a kid before decending down the country :lol: Most of the family still live around there...I remember the old fella well, we used to annoy the hell out of him by going into the place en masse and messing about with the bikes, shifters etc.

There used to be a few interesting shops around those parts, Offshore down Cleethorpes way for marins and konas, Ettridge cycles sold Diamond Back stuff, The ill fated Freddie Frith and Action Bikes owned by local legend, 'Fat' Pete. Doubt many remain these days but still, happy days :)

Can't wait to see better pics of the Pro Carbon btw 8)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:35 pm 
Gold Trader / MacRetro rider
Gold Trader / MacRetro rider
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 1:03 pm
Posts: 11796
Location: Returning
a pic of mine


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:44 pm 
Newbie

Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:53 pm
Posts: 3
XCDave wrote:
Brilliant, thanks Nick.
I'd love to own a Butt...
If there's a picture/spec of a model called Zigzag when you get round to doing the scansb I'll be over the moon!

Hi mate is there a chance at getting a photo up of the spec of the lotus bike the green one on the last picture been after the catalog for ages lol if poss thanks mate :cry:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:48 am 
Newbie

Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:53 pm
Posts: 3
big burner wrote:
Sorry these are by camara i will sort the scanner out and do them and my other catalogues soon.

British eagle 92
Image
RECOIL
Image
BOSS XT
Image
BOSS XTR
Image
BUTT.
Image
Pro carbon
Image

British eagle 1993, Just a few i have done.
EXS.
Image
BOSS FLEX
Image
RAID
Image

Lotus Sport Models
Image

Nick :)
Quote:
Hi mate is there a chance at getting a photo up of the spec of the lotus bike the green one on the last picture been after the catalog for ages lol if poss thanks mate


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:10 am 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:36 pm
Posts: 170
Location: Gisburn Forest and Lee Quarry
Ah the memories :)


Here it and I am in the '92 Boltby Bash :)


Attachments:
17452_256209492821_721382821_3232286_5034266_n.jpg
17452_256209492821_721382821_3232286_5034266_n.jpg [ 47.97 KiB | Viewed 1989 times ]
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: british eagle K4
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:35 pm 
Newbie

Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:25 pm
Posts: 2
Hi everyone, found this site looking for pics of my old bike, a british eagle K1, bought out of the grattans catalogue when i was 12, i loved that bike until some pikey had it out of my garage, but then upgraded to a kona cindercone, so not all bad. I was wondering if anyone had any pics ??

Thanks in advance


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:13 pm 
Retro Guru

Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:25 pm
Posts: 259
Oh my god!!.. This takes me back, forgot about these bikes, the Pro carbon and BE Boss!.. I used to sell them in the bike shop, we sold Claud Butler, Britsh Eagle, alpine stars and a few others I cant remember now.... The good old days!!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

About Us

Follow Retrobike

Other cool stuff

All content © 2005-2015 Retrobike unless otherwise stated.
Cookies Policy.
bikedeals - the best bike deals in one place
FatCOGS - Fat Chance Owner's Group

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group