Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
PoTM Winner
Kona Fan
GT Fan
Feedback
View
mates birthday on saturday nigfht.

wasnt looking forward to it. "ditch the b**ch" night as he calls it - no girls allowed.

he wanted a poker night. there were 6 of us, 2 who know what they were doing and the rest who didnt, me included.

first game was just funny as the other 3 newbies had no idea. i picked it up as the game pregressed but there were a lot of stupid bets placed on really bad hands. the good thing with this was that the good players had no idea if the newbies had good hands or just thought they did!. this resulted in my newbie mate wiping the floor.

second game i had a better idea of what was going on. got a copuple of good hands and ended up wiping the floor.

we were not playing for money but it was a real buzz all the same and i feel quite bad now for not wanting to go. i'd told the wife i'd be back around 11 or 12. rolled in at 2.30!

only downer of the night was birthday boy had arranged lifts home for everyone. i got the short straw and was bundled in the back of a lowered (felt every ripple in the roads) corsa running a silly engine being driven by a 18 year old idiot. i'm proud to be a grumpy old nan.

anyway, check my piles

4hcolj.jpg

I used to suppliment my earnings on wednesday nights at the local Texas Holdem' nights.

Never EVER play with me, I'll beat you with a pair of twos...

:D

one hand was won with absolutely mothing! no pairs and the highest card was a 4!

admittedly the stake wasnt too high on that but the bluff was awesome. he put in 200 and everyone crumbled

Alcohol and real cash make for some interesting nights.

In a tournament, I once put out 3 players out of 8 that bet against my two 2s that ended up as four 2s. These were seasoned players, I went on to win the tournament, (£70) and about £100 in the cash game afterwards.

Doubt if I'll ever be that jammy again...

i think the beauty of the game is that skill can only take you so far as its the luck of the cards at the end of the day

Back