Twincab pick up,estate car or van, but which one?

Grannygrinder

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I'm after a new work/leisure vehicle. My old Subaru Legacy was a cracking car, for a while, but has shown its true colours and fallen to bits.
I want a medium/large, pickup/van/estate car.
I'm currently looking at used Ford Ranger twin cabs.
I don't really want a proper panel van or a pickup with enormous alloys and loads of toys.
Can anybody recommend something that has sensible running costs and a good rep for reliability?
Ta :)

I had an Isuzu twin cab that was peanuts to run on fuel - my mechanic bloke said they were alot easier to work on than their Vauxhall stablemates.

For down right uglyness - we're looking at a Fiat Doblo JTD for the missus and her craft fairs.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
i'm saving for a transporter T5, decided that was the best option for everything. going for a panel van then converting to suit what i want, the conversion isn't going to cost anywhere near as much as i thought it would.

i thought about navara's etc aswel but the main reason i decided on a van was to beable to put the bikes inside in a sensible way, having them on the roof of a car i worry about them being nicked and inside the car they just cause mess and mark everything. i felt that the navara's etc didn't solve those problems.

i'm gonna convert my van to a multi van style meaning insulating/sound proofing the rear, fitting side windows in the mid section, then fitted seats and carpeting throughout.

I've got a car itch that need scratching - after watching Top Gear in Bolivia I want a knackered old V8 Range Rover....

legrandefromage":3f1t58rs said:
havent the navaras been eating engines?

Mine was a 1995 Isuzu - I shouldnt have sold it :roll:

IIRC the old shape navara liked to throw pistons out the block...

Rangers eat leaf springs when heavily loaded, but the car is really a mazda, so should be ok...

Back