Therm-a-Rest Neoair, anyone used one?

ferrus

Breezer Fan
Feedback
View
I'm thinking of buying one, but have a couple of concerns:
It'll be used with a Rab Quantum Top sleeping bag which doesn't have any filling on the bottom and depends on the mat for insulation -do you think it'll be warm enough? I intend to use it in combo with a standard mat in winter, as recommended...

Also, I use a Jupiter bivvy bag -will the extra thickness/height of the mat be a problem?

..Bit concerned about durability too.

-If anyone has any experience, your opinion would be much appreciated!
Cheers.

No experience of the Neo - Air but I've been using a Prolite 4 for the last few years which has been fine in terms of durability and has been ok to below 0 in a tent with a 4 season down bag.

However on my last trek I ended up in a tent with someone using an exped matress which has down in it, it looked supercomfy compared to my thin thermorest, and was way warmer.

If I was looking for good insulation I'd get an Exped, didnt seem too weighty, but they are pricey. Probably overkill for Uk summers, but i'd get an Alpkit Slim Airic for normal use. (or a fat Airic for car camping)

Thank's for the thoughts chaps.
I've checked out the Alpkit mats, but I think they're a bit too heavy for my purposes. -Nice kit though, for a good price.
The Exped is pure luxury, but again If I can get away with it I'd prefer less weight..

Neoair's ultra light weight and zzzz-inducing depth is just so damn attractive.... :?

Latest posts

Back