New iPhone worm can act like botnet

I hope this debunks the myth that "computer X is immune to all forms of attack" people with Macs/Linux/product X seem to tell everyone. It's terribly misinformed.

If a large enough group of people use a device, it becomes worthwhile for a bot herder to target them. Simples.

yes i hear it all the time. And yet my first Mac was put out of action for a while. And i saw my anti-virus kick in to action on my second Mac. third Mac is Ok for the mo. Just can't be to careful these days

chris667":gpc372u2 said:
I hope this debunks the myth that "computer X is immune to all forms of attack" people with Macs/Linux/product X seem to tell everyone.
While I agree with the sentiment above, it's not strictly relevant here I don't think. Bear in mind that this attack will only work on jail-broken iPhones which have SSH installed and turned on, with the default password. You don't end up in that set of circumstances accidentally. You can't deliberately take a manufacturer's product, modify it in a totally unsupported manner (voiding warranty in the process) and then expect the same level of function / protection as when it left the factory. It's like cutting the seat belts out of your car because it makes it more comfortable, but then complaining when you're injured in a crash.

Haydyw is right . Plus the fact it's only people in the Netherlands who bank with ING .

That's a very small percentage of eyephone users . But the headline and many like it on many blogs got you to click a link and read .

Latest posts

Back