cycling waterproofs , help required....

big.eck

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
alrighty............ i'm away to inners this saturday and would like something waterproof to wear :LOL: i already have a light set of trousers and jacket but i just don't like the feeling of cold sweat so need some lyrca trousers and top or something ?

idealy something i can buy now on ebay as i have loads in my paypal account (mind you i'm not really wanting to spend a fortune) still new to this xc riding :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

thanks in advance , alex :D :D :D

You need to read

http://www.psychovertical.com/?cuthecrap

Any membraned waterproof will give you a sweat problem. If you want waterproof and truly sweatless, then spending the bucks on something like a Paramo Velez is the way to go. They will last forever.

(I'm just hoping that they bring out the hooded lightweigh Velex in Hi Viz Yellow before I have to buy my new autum gear.)

I'd recommend the shorts in principle. I was a bit dubious about waterproof shorts but they do work, keep the important bits dry and the loose leg lets out moisture. I've got the endura ones but the cotch has burst a wee bit. I'd be tempted to try the DHBs or Alturas.

IME, having done all sorts of riding, I believe the universal truth in waterproofs is the more waterproof the garment, the sweatier the rider.

If I'm touring, I have waterproofs that are not so waterproof (navy surplus goretex coat which cost £20 :shock: ) .

When I used to regularly ride hard, I had a couple of not-quite-waterproofs that kept me dry in a shower, but no more. My best one was made by the North Face, but lots of companies make them.

:idea: Use a poncho

No build up of condensation

And you can wear the speedos underneath :D

Back