it was nearly all over!!

daj

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Driving along 60-70 mph .... Vibration from the front left so slow right up vibration gets really bad so pull up at nearest spot... Get out and have a look .... Two loose wheels nuts left on the front wheel out of five!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

:shock: who last had the wheel off? you or a garage?

we're not allowed any possible mishaps this close to mayhem you know!!! :D

my Merc 500SEC passed its MOT in a shonky garage with 2 of its 5 wheel nuts missing - nobody noticed until a similar thing - vibration 'WTF...!' etc etc.

I had that happen to me in my old Series 3 Land Rover (fortunately much slower speed) - the rear wheel had virtually completely come off :LOL:

The worst bit to own up to (knob of the week award :oops: ) when I came home the other night there was just the slightest knock about a mile from home. I actually jacked the car up didnt even look at the wheel and inspected all the bushes noticing the anti-roll bar rod bush being pretty shot and put it down to that :oops: :oops:

The Garage had the wheels off last ...After all it was a pretty rushed job taking them 2 months!! :LOL: :LOL:

Was out several years ago with a mate in his triumph spitfire,with the nice wire wheels
Then we were overtaken by the drivers side wheel,it had sheared off,luckily we were only doing about 20mph

funny though,i remember saying *isnt that one of yours* :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

i had that same thing a few years back..
I was driving a GOLF v6 4motion (1 of the worst cars i have ever had) and was driving back from the garage and suddenly the steeringwheel started shaking ,..pulled over and checked the wheels
The left front wheel i could rock a bit so i took the hubcap of (was some special 18" wheel) and 2 of the bolt were loose behind the cap and fell on the ground.
Called the garage and they just said: okay,..you'll better fix it then,..

i did that and drove back to the garage,..let me put it this way: i told them my thoughts :twisted:

I drove back to south wales from london 3 days before christmas last year. I was in a 1986 7.5 tonne flat bed lorry. Got clear of the M25 and noticed a loud banging noise when I went under the motorway bridges. Bearing in mind i'd worked a 15 hour day and was out til 5 the previous night I chose to ignore it. I got to port talbot when the vibes started, toughed it out until about 2 miles from home at 1am. Parked it up and looked at the rear wheels. The vibes must have been bad as the studs had cut through the wheel nearly joining all the holes together. i grabbed my bag locked it up and phoned my boss who was over the moon that i'd got it off the motorway(and i bit drunk). Walked the 2 miles home knackered in minus 2 and had flu all over christmas :D

I once rode my Dawes Galaxy from Wokingham to Reading completely off my tits. I wondered why the front brakes were grabbing when I went round corners, and after about 10 miles pulled over. I'd reconnected the dynohub, but not fastened the quick release. :shock:

Back