lewis1641

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
PoTM Winner
Kona Fan
GT Fan
Feedback
View
its my stag do next weekend and my best man has organised a trip to munich. arriving friday lunch and leaving sundsy lunch. he has organised a guided bike ride round the forrest but does anyone else know of anything else to do?

places to go/avoid in the evening.

it will be a mixed group of 12 ranging from my ginger cousin who's about 24 to my dad whos 55. a couple of dance music types, a couple of rockers and the rest not caring as long as there's beer.

I dont want to put a downer on it.

Watch out for those Gingers when they drink

:shock: Dark horses

;)

sadly there are 2 ginners. one is a full blown carrot top. he accepts his calling in life and gets on with it, his gingerness only coming out occasionally.

the other has a tinge of ginge. he is the worst as he can not accept that he is ginger. there's nothing wrong with being ginger but there's nothing worse than a ginner who tries to deny it. i guess the worst are the ginners who then dye their hair. they catch everyone out.

go on admit it! you will feel so much better.

apparently gingers were hunted down and burnt as witches in 16th century germany

Take proper British condoms and a few Monty Pyton videos. Failing that, I always find "Run Fat Boy Run" an amusing piece.

lewis1641":1vep44ot said:
its my stag do next weekend and my best man has organised a trip to munich. arriving friday lunch and leaving sundsy lunch. he has organised a guided bike ride round the forrest but does anyone else know of anything else to do?

places to go/avoid in the evening.

it will be a mixed group of 12 ranging from my ginger cousin who's about 24 to my dad whos 55. a couple of dance music types, a couple of rockers and the rest not caring as long as there's beer.
:LOL:

The big clubs/bars are all in one place, Kunstpark Ost, but if you turn up at the door of the big clubs en-masse as a group of British blokes you'll get turned away. Don't let the door staff see that you're together, enter as pairs or threes or even better, talk nicley to some local girls and ask them to pair up with you to get you into the clubs.

During the day, just go wander round the beer gardens, lovely surroundings, great beer and good sausage.

Go to the Hofbrauhaus if you want to be fleeced like a common tourist.

Stripclub/lapdancing.... ask the locals to guide you to New York Tabledance. Friendly girls, and not too expensive either ;)

Enjoy!

Russell":iqoguf0e said:
Go to the Hofbrauhaus if you want to be fleeced like a common tourist.

true but I quite like it :)

Hey Lewis

I go there a lot due to work. I Just answered a similar question from someone else!

Munich is great. For a meal for a group i totally recommend teh Ratskeller, its an amazing building in the very heart of Munich and this time of year has flowers hanging in every window but what makes it special is that what used to be the crypts underneath has been turned into a fantastic, very typical German eatery and seats up to 2000 people which is amazing but the place is awesome and has a buzz like nowhere else: http://www.ratskeller.com/index.php?id=66

During the day i would also suggest the Olympic Tower and Cathedral Church of Our Lady. The second is just under 100m high and looks down on most of the city and in the distance you can see the mountain ranges. If you were to go about an hour out you will find the Neuschwanstein Castle which is the single most amazing building you will ever see (disney based their into castle on it)

There is a lot more to see but for a few days this should see you well but if i can push for you to go to one place its the Ratskeller, i promise you, you and your friends will think its amazing!!!!

Adam

mazdaman1980":11py8sf6 said:
If you were to go about an hour out you will find the Neuschwanstein Castle which is the single most amazing building you will ever see (disney based their into castle on it)

+1 for Neuschwanstein, it is amazing! otherwise just wander around the markets and beer gardens drinking a great number of excellent beers. I'm a big fan of Dunkels weissbeir (Dark wheat beers), lovely malty and very drinkable. best thing is their beer is so strictly made (no chemicals at all) I rarely had a hangover when there. :)

Back