Cargo bike tyres

barry2017

Old School Grand Master
Does anyone know what fat slick tyres are out there?
I don't think I can go wider than 26 x 1.95. Schwalbe Big Apple appeals, but I think it's 26 x 2 :twisted: .
A little project is on its way... watch this space!

Always liked conti's for heavy duty use, the old top touring was class.

I used to have a 1.95 top touring but they stopped making them.

What about schwalabe marathons? you can get those in a 1.75 and though I haven't used them peeps have had good things to say about them.

Big thumbs up for Schwalbe Marathon Plus, I use mine daily on a rough commute, brilliant, brilliant tyre. I've pulled large bits of flint and glass out of them but they've never gone all the way through and punctured. The only criticism with them is they are a @#$%^&**()!><><:;"[{+\| to get on the rims. No idea what they're like to take off though, never had to.

i believe in fixies":2iczzx3n said:
Big thumbs up for Schwalbe Marathon Plus, I use mine daily on a rough commute, brilliant, brilliant tyre. I've pulled large bits of flint and glass out of them but they've never gone all the way through and punctured. The only criticism with them is they are a @#$%^&**()!><><:;"[{+\| to get on the rims. No idea what they're like to take off though, never had to.

That's good news as I have just got some Marathon Slicks in 1.35
I was expecting a real struggle too and had dug out my old alloy tyre irons in readiness. Didn't need them though. None to get them on and only one plastic lever to get them off. That's on Mavic X517 rims.

I use Schwalbe Marathons or Halo Twin Rails on my hack bike. The Twin Rails are nice a fast and give a bit more grip when cornering than the Marathons, but the Marathons tend to be a bit more durable.

I'd recommend Specialized Hemispheres if they still make them, they wer 1.95, and tough as old boots. Schwalbe are also fab.

Back