What topics go where?

Dr.Robotnik

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hi guys,

What goes in the RETRO MTB CHAT FORUM and what goes in the General forum?

I ask because my thread on an INTER 3 Shimano hub got moved but it is bike related, however other stuff like custom bikes, new trails and tons of other new things stay in the retro forum????

I assumed the RETRO MTB FORUM was for bikes and General was for everything else...

Please enlighten me.

Cheers

I always think that it's safer now (for me) to post everything in the "general" forum, as not much of what I have to say or show is considered "retro" ("old" as far as this forum is concerned..) enough to qualify for posting anywhere else.

For example, I wouldn't make the mistake of posting anything to do with my '88 Explosif in the "retro" section, as it has a quite a few newer components scattered around it and anyway, it's really not "niche" enough - ie. it's just "taiwanese welded tat"...... :cry:

Andy R":1di50r67 said:
For example, I wouldn't make the mistake of posting anything to do with my '88 Explosif in the "retro" section, as it has a quite a few newer components scattered around it and anyway, it's really not "niche" enough - ie. it's just "taiwanese welded tat"...... :cry:

Ooof, sounds like you've not had to good a time of it on here. Please post your '88 Explosif in this thread as I'd like to see it. Kona's have a lot of fans and I did not think that Taiwanese stuff had bad rep anymore.

Also lots of people post bikes in the "Before 97 section" where the only old part is the frame and everything else is modern. So I wouldn't worry to unduly. I was just wondering why a bike question got moved.

cheers

Back