Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:19 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:36 am 
Retro Guru

It's only a "what if" at the mo as it hasn't actually happened yet... Like I said, he has actually been trying to disassociate himself from that element of society, it's just that sometimes there is the path of least resistance for those of a certain.. moral flexibility, shall we say.

Underneath he can be a decent bloke, just occasionally needs help in doing the right thing. I'm sure we've all made our mistakes...

Cheers for the input though guys, much appreciated :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:51 am 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider

I think he's lucky to have a matelike you who cares enouigh to want to keep him on the straight and narrow!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:33 am 
Retro Guru

gradeAfailure wrote:
Just wondering how the RB massive would deal with this situation...

A colleague at work has been on at me for ages to sell him my hack bike as he doesn't have a decent one - has been riding in on some pig-iron POS that he got from a mate and it's finally on its way out - but he's really short of money so when I decided to sell it he couldn't afford it.

Now he tells me that he's just going to get another one from one of his dodgy mates, and in his words "I've told him to nick me a decent one this time."

I've already told him what I think of that (there were lots of expletives) and said in no uncertain terms that if he comes in on a stolen bike I'll shop him, to which his response was "You can't prove it's stolen."

What would you do in this situation? He's otherwise an alright guy, bit of a lad, and I know he wouldn't actually steal a bike himself, but has no problem taking one that he knows is.

Don't really have much to say on this except would you feel the same way if it wasn't bike related? Reason being you are passionate about bikes so it tugs on the heart strings, Whereas something that doesn't interest you might just go right over your head and you may just ignore it.