Sign 'o' the times....

Augustus

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Already having to have faced downgrading cassette replacement choice from the now utterly unaffordable XTR to boggo cooking XT, I am now faced with the sharp reality check that is the sudden hike in Shimano prices....(100% increase in a month at CRC) that may necessitate a further jolt into credit crunchery in the form of...LX. :roll:

This is ridiculous. I haven't played on an LX playing field for decades, this isn't the direction one's life should take. You should find yourself later in life being able to choose and afford gold plated XTR-G, not telling yourself 70grams isn't such a bad offset to be paying what you were last month for a better product. :roll:

This is not an era for tarts. :LOL:

Could be worse I suppose... ;)

At least you still have a job it pay for LX. Just look at is as retro, probabuly still some deals to be had just need to look harder.

TheGreenRabbit":1q6cl1hj said:
At least you still have a job it pay for LX. Just look at is as retro, probabuly still some deals to be had just need to look harder.

that would be true if the job had anything to do with paying for bike parts, but sadly it's more like "at least you still have a CC to pay for it. " :roll:

Just get some T-cut, and remove the L, and paint a little white TR on the other side. Job's a goodun. ;)

I'm feeling very lucky that my (still to arrive) new bike was specced up at the pre-hike prices.

As they stand there's no way I could justify the new cost (of XTR over XT) and I would be on XT or maybe even M950!

Those prices won't hold in England if they expect to sell any volume of XTR this year.

Cassettes are one area i won't downgrade, unless they start coming with alloy carriers on the cheaper ones. Need to protect the King alloy freehub bodies :roll: Never saw the point in spending the extra fir the XTR cassette

Never saw much point in buying XTR myself. Once you get to Deore level performance is essentially the same. You're only paying for better finish and lighter weight after that.

That said I'm trying to get hold of M950 XTR but only because it looks good on my bike. :LOL:

As for looks, I much preferred the XTR that had the polished grey finish.

even i admit that after leaving the trade i bought some of the CRC floodsale xt cassettes, they were stupid cheap. personally i don't run xtr cassettes, can't justify the cost then or now. xt works fine but the new xt price is still a piss take aswel.

Back