Singlespeed tribulations

kaiser

Gold Trader
PoTM Winner
MacRetro Rider
98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
I'd recently got a Saracen estay to build as a SS with ghost gear an all ala velo's idea, but tbh I'm not really feeling it. Wasn't a saracen fan before and its nothings really changed. Put it up for swap and some nice frames came along including a nice stumpy, though I already have a stumpy so........? Lately I've been quite smitten by pre 90 frames and have seen something rather tasty, could sell a few things and get it though it may be a disservice to the bike singlespeeding it and its a rigid too so moving to quite limited functionality. Could also still sell a few bits and bobs and get something maybe less special but more usable(do intend to ride it) just not sure what to do. :? Anyway rambling over , any opinions or thoughts welcome, not matter what they are. :D

Eehhh, what is it you are selling then? ;)

Personally I would not let "something rather tasty" pass by because of hesitations about plans for it as a single speed project. You can always reserve the right to change your mind later on, I know I do.

Enjoy!!

its a rigid too so moving to quite limited functionality

Hmmm I can understand that ... My C16R is the same (rigid and SS) and keeps getting left behind because I always get worried it will be a bad choise when riding with mates ... Though I feel its more of lack of experence of riding SS and rigid and I need to grow some balls and get out and have fun with it :roll:

But in relation to your question if it was geared up it would be out hell of alot more :? and at the moment seems to be bit of a waste :cry:

The only bad bike is the one that stays in all the time, so you should get rid of the machines you don't ride, and build up the one you will.
What have you got your eye on?

:) all good points so far, this is what I fancied but in all honesty it would be a shame to singlespeed it and it probably wouldn't get used as much as it should
LFRAME162-1.jpg

:?

Exotic nice stuff should be built with gears.

Singlespeed IMO should never cost a great deal, and should be done to a tasty frame.....hence mine is a mid-range, cheap GT.

Kaiser, why not SS that ball burnished GT frame of yours, and build the Ritchey up to the same standard as the white Stumpy?

Pickle has it!

Hi all
Pickle has hit the nail on the head ;)
Great idea and makes perfect sense.

Jamie

Erm...I'm saving for a titanium ss frame :oops:

Never spend much on your first ss,but after that...... :D

^^what Pickle said^^
You'd have to use a tensioner with that frame as well, which IMO spoils the effect a bit. Why don't you get this, build it up with the bits on your KHS, and get rid of that?

:) I've pretty much discounted the Ritchey :( no space, or need and it'd be a waste. Pickle the GT needs a ton of work and tbh I've no real interest in it either, not really digging alloy frames at all. I still have the swap for the saracen and this is shaping up to be the best option :D

MJN any details on that ti SS? :cool:

chris I've just finished the KHS this afternoon :D :D and it won't be going anywhere :D really really pleased with it :cool:

Latest posts

Back