open office

cchris2lou

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
PoTM Winner
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Am I right in thinking that is the name of the software compatible with windows office and it is free to download ?

I tried to google it , and on one site they wanted me to pay for it ( not a lot ) , I tried to download another one , but i had to send a txt ( seemed a bit dodgy ) .

anyone has got a link on where to download it ?

Word of warning though - doesn't seem to like office 2007!!! I say doesn't seem to like, I mean it won't work. Weird new file extensions that aren't supported like .xlsx instead of xls for example.....

rosstheboss":1azsa406 said:
Weird new file extensions that aren't supported like .xlsx instead of xls for example.....

No doubt another attempt by MS to stop other software from being used, other than their own, especially as it's free. Can't have the people getting free software that's compatible with MS software, can we? :evil:

Actually MS are trying to get thier new format (which is quite good) a standard and I think it is an open standard as well.

FluffyChicken":10mhwdrv said:
Actually MS are trying to get thier new format (which is quite good) a standard and I think it is an open standard as well.

Do you mean it's open as long as you pay a royalty to MS? That's how it usually works. :x

They eventually managed to buy enough of the ISO committee to get it approved, despite the fact that NO product actually implements the standard, not even MS Office!

Certainly proved beyond any doubt that MS hasn't changed their dirty ways, despite all their protests to the contrary... anyone who believes them, trusts them, or relies on them in any way is naive at the very least.

That's right, I'm not a fan of MS - no right minded person who has followed their "progress" for over 20 years could possibly be!

Thankfully these days for the vast majority of people there is no need to run any of their software to get your work done :)

Back