Local pub - use it or lose it

legrandefromage

Bin Monkey
BoTM Winner
PoTM Winner
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Just received the long dreaded text from my mate - he's closing his pub effective immediately.... :cry:

no more wednesday night poker.

no more pool team

no more darts team

I'm gutted...

Not as gutted as your mate!

What happend with the pub?

Al. :(

owner's wont lower the rent - my mate's losing far to much money.

the owners are a bit thick as now, rather than lower the rent and have a nice open pub, it will just be boarded up and left to rot.

I am lucky enough to have another pub nearby but its full of people who think that telling everyone how much money they have is a good topic of conversation.

You should see the amount of 'dead' pubs in Lincoln. Its a dying trade :(

Bloody poncy wine bars :x

Sorry to hear that. Still you could do what i do and drink cans of lager and hard liquer in secret, hiding away from the world and its problems!

Thats got to be better than having to listen to ass wipes bragging about money.

Infact sticking forks in ya' nads is better than that. :shock:

Al. :D

an agent friend of mine has got about 3/4 repo'd pubs on his hands now.

shocking really, but from what i've seen on a fri/sat night, most pubs seem dead as hell

the pub 200 yds from my house has been boarded up like a moss side council house for 2 years now. used to be a very busy pub but a sucession of shit landlords after a good one had totally killed it off. the only deacent pub is now 5 miles away, there are others but they are awful for one reason or another. :(

butchers, bakers, pubs, good cycle shops, where will it end? :(

legrandefromage":pa7x9239 said:
........the owners are a bit thick as now, rather than lower the rent and have a nice open pub, it will just be boarded up and left to rot.......

Aye, and unfortunately a helluva lot of small businesses, shops, and pubs are closin' for that reason, and the owners just don't twig that there is no longer a queue for anyone else to take them on, and aside from no rent at all coming in, there's no one heating and lookin' after the place any longer, either.........

Latest posts

Back