Credit crunch money saving tip :)

Russell

Old School Grand Master
Thought I'd pass this on, some of you may know it already. It won't save you a huge amount of money, but every little helps.

Many '08' phone numbers are free from a landline, but you get charged when you call them from a mobile phone because they are not included as part of your 'free call' bundle. For example, HSBC phone banking is 08457 404404, which is free from a landline, but chargeable when I call it from my mobile.

What mobile operators and companies using these '08' number don't tell you is that many of them have '01' equivalents, and that by calling the '01' number, you won't get charged when using your mobile because they come within your inclusive call bundle.

So... how do you find out what the '01' equivalent is? Easy.. log on to http://www.saynoto0870.com/search.php and type in the company or '08' number, and the site will tell you alternative numbers.

For all you lot who use HSBC phone banking, pu 08457404404 into the site, and it'll bring up an 01226 alternative that won't cost you a penny.

Disclaimer! I've been using this number with no issues and am confident in its security, you need to make your own mind up as to whether you trust the info or not before you use any alternative phone banking numbers.

Back